Gotta get my BMI down quick

Nikkal
on 10/3/13 3:48 pm
VSG on 07/18/13
Oy - prednisone is eeeeevil. Seductive, but terrible. Yes, it causes weight gain as well as increased appetite. My psoriatic arthritis is one of the main reasons I opted for VSG - I need my NSAIDS, as well as my Enbrel & methotrexate
mickeymantle
on 10/1/13 2:25 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

sounds like you have it under control , its to late now but you may have been better off if you had a vsg instead of the rny , it has less drug problems

hope you do good with your weight loss and surgery

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Tammy G.
on 10/1/13 3:44 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
Mickey, that is my greatest regret---that I didn't fight harder to have a VSG, especially since I knew I would need NSAIDS. My insurance didn't cover it, my surgeon didn't cover it, and I was desperate. I'm a tough old bird, I'll cope
Lisa1023
on 10/2/13 3:25 am
VSG on 03/05/13

i just looked at your profile and saw those.... pictures.  um, what kind of incompetent surgeon would leave your body open and gaping like that for .... 8 months??    8 months?  i know sometimes they leave wounds open or reasons, but not for almost a year....  how did you cope with that huge hole .... oh my God

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

Tammy G.
on 10/2/13 3:43 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
I still cope with it every single day. You get to a point where you make peace with the situation. And you keep looking for answers. I feel blessed that I finally found a surgeon who is willing to actually do something. The wound is in my hanging belly flab. It looks totally different when I'm standing up. I'll have to get some pics of that and my massive panni.

Before this happened to me I didn't know people could live like this. It ain't fun. I have to double pad and tape if I leave the house, and I still have to worry about my wound leaking all over the place. I wake up covered in yellow goo from my wound leaking. I can't lift anything heavier than 10 pounds, even my grand babies. I stay exhausted because my body is using all my energy to try and close this wound.

You deal with what you must. I did a lot of crying at first, questioning why God wanted to keep me alive if all I was going to do was suffer. Then I made the decision to live and fight. I *AM* worth fighting for. For the first time in 49 years I love Myself. So out of all the negativity, something positive emerged and I am a stronger person because of it.
Laura in Texas
on 10/2/13 7:54 pm

I looked at your pics, too, and it does look like your wound is getting better. Keep taking care of your nutrition so your body can keep healing as you prepare for surgery.

I'm 47 and it also took me to my 40's to learn to love myself. Hang in there!!

Hugs!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Tammy G.
on 10/3/13 6:21 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
Thanks. My wound is better, but still has a long way to go to become healed.

Two days ago I went back to the RNY pre-surgical diet of 2-3 protein shakes and some lean protein. I dropped a few pounds, so I will stick with this and see if I can get down to 280 in a few more weeks.

Distal RNY 6/11 SW 456  CW 311 Complications: Small bowel strangulation 12/23/2012, non healing surgical incision--ongoing.  Still.

Most Active