Surprise !!! I didn't just have the sleeve, I was given the DS

"Just Elizabeth "
on 7/25/11 10:49 pm - Houston, TX
I went to a private clinic in Kuwait and that was how I had my GP. Now when I was in the hospital for my gallbladder, that was a public hospital. Every morning when rounds would happen I would correct the residents "No I did not have gastric bypass. Nothing in my gastric has been bypassed." I just got the "Yeah right. You have no idea what you are talking about look."

Well...until the day before my surgery. A new doctor was heading up the rounds and I could tell that he was important by the way everyone treated him. When he got to my bed he flipped open my chart, looked down on it, his eyes went huge and he went "Duodenal Switch? Wonderful surgery!" Then he went on the tell the residents everything that I had been saying for a week. Suddenly I wasn't so stupid.

Turns out this guy was the head of surgery and he stole my procedure. When was the last time you heard of the head of surgery for a hospital doing a gallbladder operation? I teased him that he just wanted to get in there and see how my DS was done. He never denied it.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 942 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1156 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 408 views