Waffle recipe, is it DS friendly?

Kayla B.
on 7/25/11 9:44 am - Austin, TX
All carbs and no protein--is this a serious question?
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
geutenmorgan
on 7/25/11 12:07 pm
 Hey I am just starting out, there are eggs!  and it has complex carbs with all the grains.  I ate lots of oatmeal on my soft diet.  without white flour.  
None the less, thanks for the comment. 
Elizabeth N.
on 7/25/11 12:22 pm - Burlington County, NJ
It's time to leave behind the idea that you can eat whatever you can stomach and start really, really honing in on the protein. Complex carbs take up room that you need for protein, so they need to be dramatically minimized right now.

geutenmorgan
on 7/25/11 12:09 pm
Thank you Catnip. I will definitely try that recipe.
elixir
on 7/26/11 8:24 am - MI
 I can't remember where I found this, but I saved it.

Gluten-Free Waffles

6 eggs, separated
6 ounces of cream cheese
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1 scoop vanilla protein powder*

Preheat waffle iron. Spray with non-stick coating (or oil-paint the plates with a pastry brush prior to heating).

In one bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form (about 3-5 minutes). In a separate bowl, mix yolks with cream cheese and protein powder until smooth. Add whites mixture to the yolks. With a long wooden spoon or long, metal iced teaspoon, carefully make a sine wave through the mixtures to blend them carefully. Turn bowl and repeat sine wave (You're trying to just barely blend. More blending will naturally occur as you scoop to pour the batter).

Once the waffle iron is sufficiently heated, pour scant quarter-cup measuring cups with batter into the maker (don't overdo it, or overflow may occur). Allow waffles to cook sufficiently. Four-six minutes for the first waffles, minimally, should be observed since they seem to need more time. DO NOT OPEN the waffle iron until the first waffles have had a chance to cook. It seems that after the first waffles, all others require closer to 4 minutes per waffle on average.

Serve immediately, or you can freeze and toast later (on a low setting).

Can be served with fresh, whipped cream.

Makes 12-14 Belgian/rectangular waffles.

Nutritional information per 2 waffles (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 192, Carbohydrates (no fiber): 1.8 grams, Protein: 6 grams, Fat: 7.5 grams

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

beemerbeeper
on 7/26/11 12:08 pm - AL
Is it DS friendly? No.

At one month out you need to be focusing on getting your protein in.  I had no room for anything like a waffle at one month out and choose not to eat bread/carbs at 2 years out.

~Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 946 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1158 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 408 views