Introduce myself - Newbie seeking Revision from RNY to DS

adnerb
on 7/25/11 6:12 am
Thank you Ginger! I hope to learn how to post more info on profile soon! I too look forward to following your progress on the Dark Side as well! Best wishes for your continued success too!
Brenda
adnerb
on 7/25/11 6:18 am
Maddie,
Thank you so much for the info! That is just what I needed and will read it over very well. I understand that you have been through a lot to get to where you are now. So thankful that you are now doing so good and hope to continue to follow your success on here! Your story prior to DS is similar to mine! Thanks again and God Bless you for all those that you reach out to with your story!
Brenda
Diane Davis
on 7/25/11 6:21 am
Welcome Brenda, you'll find a new family here on these boards!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
adnerb
on 7/25/11 10:04 am

Thank you Diane!
I have really found everyone to be fantastic!
I would love to hear more info about your experiences also!
Brenda

smileyjamie72
on 7/25/11 6:33 am - Palmer, AK
Brenda,

Welcome!!!!  I also replied to you over on the Revisions bord with some links.

-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

adnerb
on 7/25/11 10:07 am
Hey Jamie,
Thanks for the welcome!
I would seem you have been on quite a journey!
Look forward to following your progress too!
Blessings~
Brenda
Joanlaptods
on 7/25/11 10:41 am
Brenda
I had a lapband revision by Dr Gagner and my recovery was uneventful. I think he is very good at stitching laparoscopically and I think he gives each patient his excellent attention during the surgery. So I think your decision to go with him is a good one.
Joan

start 315lbs lapband feb2006-196 lbs night Reflux bc esophageal dilation,216 lbs band replaced may 2008. Gained up to 286lbs still reflux and regurg Ds March 2011   cw 165 lb    

adnerb
on 7/26/11 11:23 am

Hi Joan,
Thank you so much for your information!  I understand that the RNY to DS is a very complicated surgery.  I  still have a lot of questions to have answered before I proceed, but feel that I am in good company here!  You all have so much valuable experiences to share and help one another.  I hope to contact you with some additional questions along the way! 
Brenda

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/11 12:11 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Hi Brenda,

Welcome aboard!

I'm another revision person. I revised to the DS in Dec. 09.  My only real complication post-DS was a long bout of c. diff, and I think that slowed me down weight-wise. I was losing quite steadily for a long time but was so nauseated by the drugs that I added the carbs back too soon.

I'm holding steady at 165-170, nowhere near the 221 I was when I went in for the revision. My revision wasn't really for the weight loss, it was to get me back to normal. I had a lot of problems from my RNY, the worst of which was a permanent ring on my stoma which caused constant vomiting. I feel like I got my life back.

It's not an easy surgery, and I know I'm lucky that I didn't have any surgical complications. I am thrilled and would do it again in a heartbeat. The past year has been fantastic.
adnerb
on 7/26/11 11:27 am
Thanks for the welcome!
It sounds like you have overcame a lot and that the switch was very necessary for you!  So happy for you and glad you feel so much better too!
I am mostly dealing with weight gain and some dumping....my added weight is of course causing some other problems as well.
Thank you for sharing your info with me, I feel so blessed to have found all of you on here!
Looking forward to seeing how all goes for you too!
Brenda
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 939 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1154 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 407 views