Brownish Urine

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/30/11 1:10 pm
Oh boy, see a urologist soon, ok?

My hubs just passed a kidney stone and had a kidney infection as well, he had very dark urine during the worst of it even though he was drinking a lot of water and wasn't dehydrated.

It could be other things as well, but you only know for sure when you go to the urologist and pee in a cup to have it checked out.

I hope you're OK and this turns out to be nothing, but if your pee is that dark it's a big warning flag.

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

sbp7
on 8/31/11 12:56 pm - Munster, IN
Update: went to urgent care today. Got ct scan, etc. Following up with urologist tomorrow. Now I have the tell tale pain in my lower back...looks like it is kidney stones. Better than some of the other possibilities for sure.
Steve

Duodenal Switch January 4, 2011
Dr. Vivek Prachand. University of Chicago Hospital

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/31/11 1:39 pm
Even though there's worse out there, kidney stones are no picknic. Drink lots of water and some cranberry juice to help flush things out.

Speedy recovery!
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

Elizabeth N.
on 8/31/11 9:29 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Cranberry juice doesn't have enough cranberry in it to help anything. It's just a sugar bomb.

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 8/31/11 11:36 pm
That's why I get cranberry juice with no sugar or juice from Trader Joes. It will strip paint, which is why I mix it with some seltzer and a packet of splenda.

newyorkbitch
on 8/31/11 11:53 pm
I think what EN is saying is that cranberry juice itself is a sugar bomb.  And it's just a myth that it helps with UTIs. 

Better and just as effective to drink water.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1005 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1185 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 472 views