APPROVED!!!!

provolisa
on 11/18/11 5:09 am - Provo, UT
I know there will be some difficult times ahead, as my body adjusts to its new configuration, but today is a HAPPY day!

Thanks for the nice comments, you guys!!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

pauliegirl69
on 11/18/11 5:12 am - NJ
Congratulations!!!!!! Happy day is right!!!
sandyv63
on 11/18/11 5:23 am - Naples, FL
Good for you! I've been watching your story with interest and I am so happy to see you've received your long awaited for and very well deserved approval. I know that feeling of 'OMG I am actually going to do this' joy. Now let me warn you to keep the inevitable nerves under control.  I almost did myself in on that. Things to keep in mind: most of the people who get the DS, and I mean the huge majority, have no complications. The people that do have issues tend to post here and that screws your perception. The good part about that is that your recovery will go better than expected (better than YOU expected anyway) and it will be such a relief.

One of the reasons I have been all over these boards since I got my DS last week is to let the pre-ops and newbies know that the complications they see posted here so often are actually rare. Most people just don't post when their recovery is so uneventful and that gives a skewered impression to the pre-ops. At least it did to me. My way of paying it forward is to let people like you know that although you see post-ops posting here all the time about issues, this is ultra rare. People without issues just don't post (except me, hehehe.)  Actually, it seems the few of us that had the DS these past 2 weeks have all had remarkable and easy recoveries.  The truth is, we had typical recoveries. Keep that in mind when you hear that nagging voice in the back of your head  asking you" what the hell are you doing to yourself woman?"

Prepare now for your surgery. Start getting vitamins in you now as it will help wtih recovery. If you aren't taking a probiotic, start now. I can't even begin to tell you how much that will help.  Let your unaltered anatomy get used to the tolerance factor of certain vitamins now so it won't be an issue post-op. Certain vites take some adjusting to, whether because they bind you up or loosen you up but over time that will resolve. Resolve it now. You don't need the added stress post-op. If you don't drink plenty of fluids throughout the day at this point, start doing it now. I have absolutely no issue with getting fluids in because I already had the habit of drinking throughout the day. Actually, my worst post-op gripe is that I can't drink a large quantity of liquids at one sitting like I used to. How often do you hear that?

Please pardon any typo's. I am still on Dilauded and sometimes I can't see the screen very well.
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
teachmid
on 11/18/11 6:16 am - OKC, OK
Congratulations!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

MajorMom
on 11/18/11 6:33 am - VA
Congratulations!! WooHoo!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

provolisa
on 11/18/11 6:55 am - Provo, UT
Thanks everyone!

And Sandy, thanks for passing on your wisdom. If the nerves waiting to be approved drove me Koo Koo, I can just imagine what the pre-surgery nerves are going to be like! I appreciate every word you wrote!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

sandyv63
on 11/18/11 8:30 pm - Naples, FL
So happy to help. Please feel free to PM me if you need some hand holding or have any questions.
  All the vets have moved to a site where there is no censorship and no biased, unfair moderation. If you want ACCURATE information, join us here:

http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi
NoMore B.
on 11/18/11 7:08 am
 Congratulations Lisa!

It seems so real once you get the approval, how awesome for you!
calendargirl
on 11/18/11 8:42 am - Land of Oz, KS
DS on 04/20/12

Lisa, that's amazing.  What a feeling!

C-Girl

Starting Stats: Ht: 5' 0" HW: 242 ~ SW: 229.9 ~ CW: 117 ~ Goal: 124.9 ("normal" BMI)
% EWL @ 03 months: 36%             % EWL
 @ 09 months: 80%
% EWL @ 06 months: 63%             % EWL @ 12 months + 2 weeks: 100%

seekingsusan
on 11/18/11 8:50 am - Livermore, CA
DS on 05/24/12
Lisa~
CONGRATS!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1025 views