Update for anyone *****members me....

NoMore B.
on 12/24/11 10:24 pm
Dawn G.
on 12/25/11 1:03 pm - Fort Edward, NY
Hi Joanne-thanks so much for your input.  Unfortunately, my insurance company will not cover a doctor who's is not in their network, and because of our financial status at this time, I am on state insurance.  As long as there is a Dr in their network who does perform a needed surgery, they will not pay to have me see someone else.  I am not covered at all in Manhattan-and we are in such bad financial shape now due to the fact that my husband hasn't been able to work because of my health issues, I cannot afford to lay out money for a doctor not in my network.

Aside from that, this would be bariatric surgeon number 3 who actually went in laproscopically to try and figure out the problem-my original surgeon went in numerous times trying to figure out what was wrong, and other than a number of strictures-and a hernia-(which he fixed at the time he went in) nothing showed up.  His partner went in as well hoping to find something-and there was nothing that he could see-and this current surgeon did another endoscopy to see of he could find  anything-and other than a polyp he said everything looked good.

HW-390.6
SW-326
CW-103
GW-140

WLS is a very big decision.  Please EDUCATE YOURSELF before choosing how you wish to spend the rest of your life! 

Nunyo B.
on 12/26/11 2:22 am
Dawn, I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble and all of the hell you've been through.  I hope everything works out for you.  But I have to say, I really hope you advocate for yourself.  You've been through too much hell already, I hope this next step doesn't make it even worse.  I've never heard of your surgeon, and I've never heard of any doctor who "specializes" in correcting the DS.  

I had some serious complications after my DS and was in the hospital close to 8 weeks and had a PICC line and on TPN almost 5 months.  I know the hell.  I understand all too well having to stay within your insurance and not having the money to go outside.  But if I were you, I would ask your surgeon to consult with any of the vetted and well-known DS revision surgeons.  If your surgeon truly has your best interests at heart, he shouldn't have an issue with consulting someone else as well.  As a matter of fact, I would ask that you be in on the call.  My surgeon consulted with another well-known DS surgeon about my case, and I'm really glad she did.

This is your health and your life and you need to take care of it.  No one else has at stake what you do, and no one else will have to pay the price but you.

Good luck, take care and let us know how you're doing.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 551 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 938 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 314 views