RNY -> RNY -> DS - Surgery 3/15 and would love some feedback

levittown_loser
on 2/29/12 4:47 am - Levittown, PA
Fear is totally normal and there are always risks going under.    You are the only one who can rationalize if life as you know it today is how you want to live the rest of your time here on earth with you daughter or take the chance to make a huge change in how that life with your 7 year old could be after getting the DS.    It's really a crime people are not told about the true success of the DS just because the surgeon doesn't do it. 

That said, you do have a superior surgeon.     My only concern is what you REALLY have now.  What did they do during your RNY to RNY revision?    Is your stoma just shot now and your food flowing right into your intestines so you never feel satisfied?    I'm sure by this point Dr. Rabkin has fully analyzed what you have and has decided he CAN help you get a proper DS.    Just be sure that is what you are getting.    (meaning not just made into a distal RNY)     Also know you will most likely lose slower and maybe not quite as much as if you were having a "virgin" DS.

Best wishes to you and my hopes are that while being wheeled into the ER you feel confident in your decision and know you are doing the best thing for both you and your family :)  

Tom

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

Valerie G.
on 2/29/12 5:16 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 You're in the best hands you can get with Dr. Rabkin.  My DS was open and really, it wasn't that big of a deal for me (more for the surgeon).  For something this complicated, I felt more comfortable with the surgeon's own eyes and hands in there doing the job.  My incision was glued all the way down, so no stitches.  The tube was odd, but not a big deal and it was removed in 2 weeks.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

route66hello
on 2/29/12 5:25 am - Half Moon Bay, CA
DS on 03/15/12
Hello everyone,

I wanted to thank you very much for all your kind words and encouragement.  I think perhaps some of my fear is that I have only meant Dr. Rabkin twice and spoke to him once at my consultation for a few minutes. He is obviously very busy and his office staff form a bit of a baricade around him. I totally understand but for my previous surgeries I had meant the surgeon a bunch of times and felt very good about him. I am going to email Dr. Rabkin's nurse and ask some more questions. I think information will help me feel calmer about all this.

I will also keep reading and posting. Thanks everyone and best of luck to you all! Terri
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 978 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 440 views