Got a longer (250cm) common channel ?

Carmelita
on 10/4/12 12:31 am - Four Corners, NM
Anything worthwhile can be construed alotta work!

Im sure just as its alot of work stayin healthy for you...its alot of work for me...gettin all the weight off and keepin it ALL off in VSG...all 5 comorbids gone...don't want em back either! HA! 

I think I remember you also posting about " workin "  towards bein a bariatric nutrionalist/consultant? I bet your calendar will be filled UP in no time!! 

MUCH NEEDED Jazz..so stay healthy for US all ...k!

also with all this "work" yer doin Jazz ...remember to PLAY  ,-)

JazzyOne9254
on 10/4/12 3:47 am, edited 10/4/12 3:49 am

Yes, I am studying to become a bariatric dietitian! I've taken a break this year to get my lower half plastics done, which is a bit behind schedule because the initial surgeon wanted to use an epidural, refused to use general anethesia, and I was *not* staying awake to watch!

There is not a specialty in bariatric nutrition yet, at least not in my state, so I will be the first. Most other RD's are generalists, except for some who specialize in neonatal and pediatrics My ultimate goal is to go to work at the very same hospital where I was switched, since it is the "mecca" in my state for the DS...actually for all the surgeries! That's about 90% of their business there, and they have support groups established all over the state.

My passion was born from the frustration of having to explain (with visual aids!) what my surgery was, why it was NOT a RNY gastric bypass, the effectiveness vs the latter, etc. I taught my own doctor about the DS, and thank God, I have a doctor who is not only willing to teach, but willing to *learn* from her patients. She even brings her students in (my alma mater opened a medical school here a couple years ago, and she teaches there) when I happen to have an appointment, to let me talk to them about my surgery. All my weight related comorbids are gone, and even the ones the DS can't touch (lupus and fibromyalgia) have become much easier to manage. Because of my weight loss, there are more medication options for treatment besides prednisone, which was the only thing that would work, and actually helped to skyrocket my weight! At my pre-op weight, the medications just didn't work!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

A. C
on 10/4/12 3:22 am
I wouldn't even know why a person would have the surgery done for that size of CC.

I did not know what mine was until 2 weeks ago.  It is 75cc, which is why I have more bathroom issues than others.  If I leave it, will always have them according to his NP.

JazzyOne9254
on 10/4/12 4:10 am

I have a 75cm CC.  Just give it time. 

As your DS matures, the bathroom issues will work themselves out. They did for me. I usually "empty out" every morning upon arising, and I'm pretty much done for the day.    The one thing that I've found is that I really have to make sure I get all my calcium in every single day.  Calcium helps to firm things up, and so does fiber. 
My protein/fiber go to food is Red Box Kashi Go Lean cereal.  I eat with milk for breakfast, and dry for a crunchy snack. 

Unfortunately, the one bathroom/gas issue that lingers is the "aroma"!  I find odor neutralizing room spray works very well, and you can get scented candles to match at Walmart.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

PattyL
on 10/4/12 3:27 am
 I can't imaging having a 250cm CC.  Mine is only 75cm and I never got to a normal BMI.

Vergito?  Verget it!  I know some day something will come along that's better than the DS but this isn't it!
MsBatt
on 10/5/12 4:48 am
My surgeon used the Hess method, and I have a CC of 90cms. Supposedly, it's more involved that just how long your CC is---it's also the relationship of the various limbs' lengths.

There's also some doc in South America doing something similar to Husted's Vergito. It involves re-arranging the small intestine, but not actually bypassing any---and he takes out the omentum, too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 435 views