2.5 weeks...coffee???

SharonG
on 9/30/13 3:39 pm, edited 9/30/13 3:39 pm - Arlington, VA

I just used a lot of half and half in my coffee.  I limited myself to just a mug a day in the early post op months.  And I drank regular coffee, not decaf.  Decaf typically uses an acid process to decaffeinate the coffee.  The residuals from these acids can be very tough on new DS tummies.  If you really want decaf, I would suggest looking for one that has been decaffeinated by the swiss water process.  

Just be sure to get plenty of clear fluids in.  You will most likely be easily susceptible to dehydration at this point.  Caffeine is dehydrating.  But a hot cup of coffee with lots of cream is oh so good!

Foundmymojo
on 9/30/13 5:30 pm

Ahhh, I so missed my coffee in the early days, and then when I did go for it? devil My love,...my favorite love,..coffee wasn't the same. Heartbreak!  Cause coffee for me was every emotion,..it fulfilled cravings, stimulant, it even was a friend, an emotional thing, ya know. I was devastated,...kind of,...here's my great news and tip for you.....in desperation to fulfill my daily quotient of protein requirements, I found CLICK ESPRESSO PROTEIN DRINK.  I ordered online through Amazon. Not only did it give me an additional 15 grams of protein, along with other good stuff, vitamins, minerals,...but made with milk, I was able to have 25 grams of protein before I even cleared sandman from my eyes. And, it was delicious, I did add a boost of coffee/espresso to my mix to increase the coffee flavor to keep it from feeling as if I was drinking a bs latte or hot chocolate.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 980 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 444 views