8 Years today

MSSEXXC74
on 11/14/13 11:14 pm

Congratulations!  I can only hope to be as successful as you

Sumundo311
on 11/15/13 1:15 am - Saskatoon, Canada

Thanks

Nov. 14/2005 I have reached the 10 year mark and I am very glad I had this surgery and can live a normal life.

jashley
on 11/15/13 4:14 am
DS on 12/19/12

Congrats on 8 years.  I'm just coming up on one year and I feel like I've climbed Mount Everest this year.

Thanks for the advice about losing in the first year.  So true, so sad...

DeeDeeLynne60
on 11/15/13 10:18 am - Massillon, OH
Awww CONGRATS to you!! Sounds like you are a great role model for us newbie DSers!! I love reading posts from those of you who have already gone thru the DS and are willing to share your stories! Thank you again and best wishes!!
sunshine1968
on 11/16/13 1:36 pm

Congrats on  your 8 year surgiversary!  I would love to hear more about your experience with the surgery and if you have any helpful tips for remaining healthy after DS.  I am getting ready to have the DS and I am quite nervous and scared. I have to lose over 150 lbs and my docs are rec DS but the regime feels overwhelming.  If you have any words of advice as far as vitamin regimen, protein intake and anything else you would like to share I would be so grateful to hear your opinion.  Is it common for DS folks to get hernias? I noticed that quite a few folks that I have run across have had a hernia as well after surgery. I would love to hear from you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 975 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1168 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 435 views