Heavenly Flagyl to Hellish Thrush - any tips for the itchiness are appreciated

Teetster
on 5/21/14 3:20 am - Virginia Beach, VA

This may sound a little strange, and I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, but here goes. Ever since I had my DS surgery, I was itchy in my nether regions. I asked a few doctors, and none knew what it may be as they did not think it was a yeast infection. I did try yeast infection treatments, but they only helped temporarily, it kept reoccurring. At some point in my journey, someone on here recommended Oil of Oregano to help with digestive issues. As I was having digestive issues at the time, I tried it. It's very cheap, and I only take one a day. Well, it didn't help my digestive issues much, but the itchiness stopped! I suffered this at least a year, and ever since starting the oil of oregano, it has never come back. I now take Oil of Oregano everyday just for this. Long story short, I don't know if it's just coincidence, but it really helped me. If your docs treatment doesn't help, and you're grasping at straws, consider giving this a try. As it is oil, I try to take it away from my other vites just because it may affect the absorption of other vites etc because it is an oil.

Huneypie
on 5/21/14 3:52 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind.

In the meantime I went back to the doctor and was given a 5 day course of Trimethoprim antibiotics which is specifically for stubborn thrush. I also got a 3 day course of Econozole pessaries which are what they prescribe when Canesten doesn't work.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

jashley
on 5/26/14 1:25 am
DS on 12/19/12

Feel for you.  Nothing worse than the discomfort of bacterial upset in the nether regions.

The minute I take antibiotics, I do the yogurt inside and out.  Put a spoon full in right before bed, and wear a Kotex pad to bed.  Danon yogurt (plain) has live strains.  I also eat a cup of it every day.

If it gets really bad, I will do a vinegar flush, then apply the yogurt down there.  Extreme, but that tends to kill it.

But if it doesn't cost you anything to go see the doctor or take prescriptions, by all means do that.  I offer this info up to ladies who don't have the medical coverage.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 980 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 445 views