8 weeks post SADI-S loop DS

Sona53
on 3/9/16 3:01 pm
DS on 03/21/16

Hi, 
It is good to see some good and a long term success with the Loop. I will be having the Loop done on March 21st.  I have been in a DS group on FB and everyone has been knocking the Loop and it is a big deal.  I prefer the Loop to the traditional DS.
I am glad to see that you have had good results.  Were you a virgin Looper or was there a previous WLS?
How long is your common channel?
I will be a revision from VSG. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/15 1:04 pm

Congrats

I had the Single Loop (SADi/SIPS) on Nov 10th so probably close to same day as you. I'm down about 50+ lbs with no complications so far. I would definitely recommend this procedure to anyone considering a DS or sleeve. One thing I won't know for a while is whether or not the longer common channel (about 350cms) will sustain the weight loss long term.

I'll also be curious to see the results of bloodwork in another month or so.

SWEETMEL7
on 1/17/15 4:01 am - NY

I had the SADI with Dr. Roslin on 12/3/13 and I love it.  I went from 268 to now 110 lbs and trying not to loose anymore weight! The food choices I found to be similar to the DS. In the beginning of the surgery I did low fat but I realized full fat and low fiber worked best for me. When I did my labs in april i was low in thiamine and folic acid. In August I was low in vitamin D . I am going back the first week in February for the 1 year visit. No more HBP, high cholesterol and A1C is normal. I feel great .. 

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/15 1:39 pm

That's great news.

I don't want to offend people or pretend to be a know it all, but based on what seems like a 100% outstanding results with little to no complications for the Single Loop SADi DS, I'm not sure why anyone would do the standard BPD DS anymore.

SWEETMEL7
on 1/18/15 9:00 pm - NY

Thank you!  I remember speaking to Dr Roslin and he said the only reason why he suggests the traditional DS surgery is if you are a severe diabetic!  Dr Roslin said, your A1C is starting to elevate but your not a diabetic.  I agreed with him because him because my health issues were HBP and high cholesterol and now they are both resolved.  Dr Roslin let me decide the day of surgery.  I go back the first the week of February for the 1 yr visit.  

tinaswebmailus
on 8/4/16 8:43 am
DS on 07/18/16

Can you tell me what your vitamin regimen is? I am post op and I need to know what works for this procedure

tinaswebmailus
on 8/4/16 8:41 am
DS on 07/18/16

Can you let me know what your labs were and what vitamins you are taking. 

The main reason I am on this website is that I have had the loop DS and I need to know what vitamin regimen works for this. It is a little different than for the traditional as the common channel is longer.

tinaswebmailus
on 8/4/16 12:00 pm
DS on 07/18/16

How come so long? Did the MD tell you it was that long or did you ask for that length?  Usually it is 250-300cm. Mine is 300

lolo100
on 1/23/15 9:43 am - colorado springs, CO
DS on 10/13/15

Congrats!

annie1210
on 1/23/15 10:42 am

So happy to see others who have had the SADI and doing well.  I am almost 7 weeks post op and so far everything is going well:)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 725 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1027 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 344 views