I failed the DS, taking responsibility.

babettes_feast
on 2/7/18 2:33 pm

Please seek help for your depression. I'm a therapist and I suffer from it, too. It's completely treatable and will make a huge difference in your energy level and motivation.

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/17/18 3:42 pm
This is the reason I think that saying the DS done in 2 parts is not the same as the DS done all at once.

I lost weight originally because of restriction. I kept the weight off because of malabsorption.

Good luck to you. It is harder to lose weight when you have little restriction, but a bit easier than when you were preop.

Bruce
jpconnie21
on 8/14/18 11:11 am

It happens. It happened. Sounds like you are now taking responsibility and looking to the future. My best advice is a good support system....which you have here, drink all day long, water or water with the crystal light or other sugar free koolaids (mmmm, those yummy taste from childhood make it go down so much easier) Find a GOOD DS vitamin regime and stick to it. And finally protein, protein and more protein. When you need a snack (lets face it, we all do) have so protein. Kick out the carbs for a couple of weeks and after 1 week without, it will be second nature and the weight will fall off. Your DS is not broken, just need to get it kick started. Go check out some of the recipes on this site and food ideas, maybe you'll see something you never thought of.

Best of luck, connie

Valerie G.
on 2/9/18 12:07 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

While it's never as easy as your first year, the DS does respond quickly when you get back on track.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

pepling
on 2/9/18 8:43 pm - Independence, MO

Good for you! I love that you are back! Stay strong. The first week is the worst trying to do everything right even when you have cravings. Tell yourself it gets better and easier. Because it does! Hugs to you!

pepling

Down 140 lbs!

HW ~  340
 SW ~  330
 CW ~  199
 GW ~ 140

nicholivolkoff
on 2/12/18 6:56 pm, edited 2/12/18 11:15 am - Canada

Thank you everyone. I am not finding it too hard to stay low carb and sensible! I did not think I could actually enjoy this change, but I am. I do not feel deprived, it is not so bad! I have definetely lost 3 pounds, it is a start. THANKS again for all the responses. -Michelle EDIT: I just weighed in at 211. I don't know why it said 208 earlier. So up a pound? I will keep trying anyway.

Janet P.
on 2/13/18 10:30 am, edited 2/13/18 2:30 am

Glad you're able to embrace it. Check out Atkins when you need ideas. Also put the scale away for a while

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

meq815
on 2/16/18 6:23 am - PA

Hello,

I, too, have failed the DS. My surgery was 4/28/13 and my surgery weight was 270. I'm 5'8". I lost down to 137 the first year. Flash forward to summer 2014, and I experienced a huge life crisis, which ultimately ended up with me on some heavy duty antidepressants. I didn't think it was possible, but I've regained about 50 pounds. I'm devastated. No matter how hard I try to get back to basics, the compulsive eating eventually takes over

With my life back in order, I'm just now working to get off the medication completely, however, my appetite won't quit and the carb cravings continue. I'm hoping I can get back on track once I've completely weaned off the meds.

nicholivolkoff
on 2/16/18 5:02 pm - Canada

I take several meds for depression and anxiety. I do think some make appetite more challenging. The worst med ( for me) is called Zopiclone, a sleep aid. It gives me the munchies! I hope you are ok. 50 pound gain is not the end of the story. You can get things moving again. You will, you will get better just like I will and anyone who is struggling. GOOD LUCK! -Michelle

Nura777
on 3/15/18 5:12 pm

Michelle, if you don't me asking who is ur surgeon. I am in Canada too.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 696 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1013 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 340 views