dudenesspa’s Posts

dudenesspa
on 12/10/23 11:42 am
Topic: RE: High PTH low/normal calcium very low Vit D help

Thank you so much for your response! It's comforting to hear that I'm not taking too much calcium. As far as D, I remember having anxious reactions to it in the past that is why I am trying the lamp. Without taking any D supplement, my levels apparently have varied over the years from 10 to 23 just from tanning. I have an appt with my PCP on Wednesday to discuss further. I want to be sure I'm taking what I should be and have it closely followed. Also have a call out to a bariatric medicine dept of the local hospital.

dudenesspa
on 12/8/23 10:03 am
Topic: RE: High PTH low/normal calcium very low Vit D help

I had Duodenal switch surgery in May of 2000. I was 20 yrs old 430lbs. Lost 200lbs. I did not adhere to any specific vitamin plan. Honestly back then there wasn't as much importance placed on it. I took a normal personal multivitamin until 2016.

2010 - iron infusions

2021 - rushed to hospital with severe anemia. Been getting infusions since.

2018 - lots of teeth problems

Anyway , I'm older now and my laissez fairer attitude about supplements has gotten me into more trouble. Elevated intact PTH, vitamin D of 12. Calcium hovers around 8.9. Just had a failed dental implant where a little bit of bone came out with the failed screw.

im trying to make things right. High PTH, super low vitamin D, and low/normal calcium. I am attempting to take 1200mg calcium citrate per day, 5000 iu daily of vitamin D between supplements and vitamin D lamp.

I guess my question is do you all take calcium? I know I need as much D as possible but calcium is always in range so hard to know if I need it although high PTH means I do I believe. I'm afraid of overdoing calcium. Advice?

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 682 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views