Nopenname’s Posts

Nopenname
on 4/11/09 3:31 pm
Topic: RE: To Gall Bladder or Not to Gall Bladder
Pregnancy (and the slow down of the break up of cholesterol and the weight loss I experienced as an MO woman) caused mine to go rogue and attempt to overthrow the entire system. I'm a pretty good diagnoser of gallbladder attacks now though. I've had two friends go "This indigestion is terrible" And I tell them Does it feel like X and Y? If so I think you have gallstones!

I ended up with Gallstone pacreatitis and on IV fluids for a week to remove my acute condition so I could have the little ******* removed.

I Also know a woman who lost a lot of weight due to stomach dysmotility resulting from food poisoning...lo her gallbladder also protested this.

My suggestion is go for it, why not. You don' t need it anyway, and rapid weight loss DOES cause gallstones. So you might not get them but getting them will SUCK hardcore.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

I'm pretty sure bacon tastes as good as thin feels!
*Feel free to call me "Pen" or "Nic" I'll even answer to "hey you" *

Nopenname
on 4/11/09 12:38 pm
Topic: RE: Have you guys thought of rewards you want to give yourself?
I'm going to get a bicycle (an awesome beach cruiser style purple sparkly one) and a back tattoo A big old field of water and flowers and two koi fish.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/11/09 3:17 am
Topic: RE: Vitamin question (iron & Calcium)
SO! I know you're not supposed to take calcium and iron together. And I read that you should in fact take them as far apart in the day as possible. However, I also know (looking at the vitaLady's vitamin schedule that you're basically taking calcium all day due to the amount of calcium needed natch.

What I'm wondering is, how long do you space out your Iron/calcium? Is just waiting a few hours good enough to allow for optimum iron absorbtion?

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/11/09 12:10 am
Topic: RE: So excited!!
Whoo that IS just around the corner. I rememeber when I got my date I was like pffft TWO MONTHS that's FOREVER! Well look now!

You'll be on the loser's bench in no time!

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/10/09 1:02 pm
Topic: RE: to Pre-ops
Maybe I'll be able to make it this time and join you in protein drinks but you know...as a pre-op. XD

(whoo 10 days)

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/10/09 11:38 am
Topic: RE: Gross post, the revenge. (Totally OT) And, really, don't read this.
I can barely gag down Flan as it is, the thought of it being made with semen does not make that experience sound more pleasing.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/10/09 11:22 am
Topic: RE: to Pre-ops
I remember when I saw his post-op diet step up and was thinking, I can swear I've read people eating food just a week out...hmmm is this severe?

But then I saw people on the board post op eating actual food and not doing so hot (not that there aren't people who probably had plenty of success mind you) and was like, hmmm I think I will stick to that step up to solids diet. XD

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/10/09 3:11 am
Topic: RE: (just under) 2 week freak
Yeah as self pay I'll probably kick myself out of the hospital. XD

Yes he is, he made a point of coming to find me after the endoscopy to squeeze my hand and tell me it all looked great. Even though I saw from the board on the way in that there were 8 endoscopys scheduled and I was only number four. :D

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/10/09 1:17 am
Topic: RE: HCG Shots
All the info I have on HCG shots is from infertility research (HCG + clomid is a common first step in infertility treatment, and as you know HCG is the "pregnancy hormone" )

The big possible side effect besides eadaches, irritability, restlessness, sligh****er retention, tenderness of breast tissue (man sounds like being pregnant, no shock there!) is Ovarian Hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) lovely wikipedia has info here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovarian_hyperstimulation_syndrome

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/10/09 1:10 am
Topic: RE: Wanna know if your ****'s gonna stink after the DS???
(my Five year old is Lissa, I'm Nicole :) )

I also had to deal with bowel changes after having my gallbladder removed in 2003 so I'm pretty *shrug* whatever when I read about oil slicks or runny stool or farting, because I've had a lot of similar issues with having my gallbladder removed. If I eat certain foods, or too much of certain foods I have a bathroom urgency and it's not to pee! And since gallbladder removal one could say I don't necessarily have much of an issue EVER with constipation quite the opposite!

I tell you what expelling excess fat I eat into the toilet instead of storing it around my midsection, hips and thighs and everywhere else is a trade off I will gladly welcome.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/10/09 12:54 am
Topic: RE: (just under) 2 week freak
I'm starting to freak out.

Not as in I don't want this freak out but as in, I think this is going to happen OMG freak out.

My calendar is completely clear besides my final consult, and surgery and I'm just sitting around thinking, recovery is going to suck, omg my kids are going to be home for two nights with just grandma (oh I'm sure they'll be PEEEERRRFECTLY fine but you know all of a sudden I'm all MY BABIES!)

I start my 10 day all/only clear liquid diet tomorrow. I already made and ate Deviled eggs on my birthday (the 8th) so I won't be missing out at Easter dinner. And I keep putting off packing for the hospital because well, I'm freaking out is why because.

TEN DAYS I CAN COUNT ON MY HANDS GAAAAHHHH!

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/10/09 12:21 am
Topic: RE: Wanna know if your ****'s gonna stink after the DS???
To be quite honest I have a hard time imagining that the smell of my gas or poo could get any worse.

My mother in law made a mixed bean fridge soup (leftover chicken from the night before, veggies we had available, yadda) and by GOD if I am not a walking toxic cloud. I seriously have to leave wherever it was I was last farting because it is seriously THAT NASTY (but damn that soup was good).

Either way, I doubt highly anything could be WORSE than the last two days of bean soup inspired gas-a-thon. So no, having poop that stinks or farting does not scare me in the least. XD

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/7/09 11:51 pm, edited 4/7/09 11:53 pm
Topic: RE: Pre-op Duodenal Switch
I feel like I have run the gauntlet of tests.

I had:
Bloodwork
Upper GI
2 Spirometers (my first one looked whack they made me do another turned out the mouth piece on the first was difficult to use)
Upper endoscopy
Cheast X-ray
Abdominal Ultrasound
Echo
ECG
CVE (mmm letters)
and a Psych consult

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/5/09 12:07 am
Topic: RE: I know stalls happen, but regain???? This early out???
I've seen at least two people recently post-op mention this now and while I am still pre-op myself I imagine (especially in your case with pnuemonia) that you initally felt like such utter and complete crap that some of the weight loss was resulting from "being sick" and really REALLY not wanting to drink or eat or simply not being able to and the more healed up and better you get you probably get a small regain going. But that it's probably more just "and now I don't feel like I want to DIE" regain and not "My surgery is not working" regain.

If my rambling makes ANY sense. XD

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/4/09 11:46 am
Topic: RE: Hysterical April Fool's Joke
That's pretty good. You gotta hate those tech saavy teenagers.

My five year old daughter's teacher got us all pretty good. I got a note from the school that said "Your child ____ has gotten into a fight at school today it started with name calling which escalated to your child punching another in the face. Please turn over this paper for information regarding School district's punishment policy regarding this incident.

AND of course on the back it said APRIL FOOLS!

I read it first and then told my daughter to take it to her dad, she was like TURN IT OVER TURN IT OVER! Because he read it and went WHAT YOU DID WHAT?!?! XD

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/4/09 10:55 am
Topic: RE: Dexa Scan ???
Doing pretty good, had another OMG 10 percent of my body weight freak out. But then I recently talked to someone at my surgeon's office and she said pffftt he won't cancel the surgery no and "besides you're not the heaviest person he's done a successful lap on" and she told me to not get discouraged it sounded like I was doing great.

I have my EGD Monday and then that's it for pre-op whatnots and then it's all over but the waiting!

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/4/09 3:29 am
Topic: RE: Month One....finally done!
You can also dissolve calcium pills in water, don't drink the sludge at the bottom though that's just binder.

You sound like you're doing great though otherwise!

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/3/09 3:10 pm
Topic: RE: Dexa Scan ???
Just another person to let you know it's totally normal, I had a pre-op Dexa done and they scanned my hips and arms. Since it was my first I just assumed this was how they were all done.

:)

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/3/09 9:10 am
Topic: RE: Upcoming DS Surgeries!
I am having DS surgery with Dr. Srikanth on April 21st. It'll be an interesting late birthday present. XD

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/3/09 9:08 am
Topic: RE: Pre-surgery Diets; What Did You Do?
I am currently barely eating anything at all (150g of protein shakes daily, vitamins, broth, and water sometimes MAYBE dinner no carbs) and walking my ass off...it's alot to walk off at near 400lbs.

I lost so much weight between the seminar and the consult (25lbs or so) that I think I shot myself in the foot and have only lost 12lbs during the time he "counts" the weight loss.

I just talked to someone at his office today though and she reassured me that he doesn't cancel a surgery and that the very worst is they'd go in to do lap and have to do open incision.

And while open incision scares the beejeezus out of me It'd be far more heartbreaking to postpone the surgery and have him tell me to "work harder" to lose the weight which JUST. IS. NOT. coming off.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/3/09 4:19 am, edited 4/3/09 4:21 am
Topic: RE: That one thing...

What was the one thing you wished you had brought to the hospital but didn't?

What was the one thing (or two or more if you like) that you DID bring the hospital that you are glad you brought?

I'm getting closer to surgery and thinking of the things I didn't bring when I had my gallbladder out, or after childbirth (like freaking shampoo because EW MY HAIR and they only had handsoap wth!).

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/3/09 4:14 am
Topic: RE: vitamin questions
Also! you can get chewables if you absolutely must (I would go with the dissolving if you already have a bunch not that you can't use the pills later when you are more able).

I went into a super supplements the first time yesterday and my goodness if you can't just about get anything you'd ever need in a chewable or liquid form.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/2/09 2:25 pm, edited 4/2/09 2:26 pm
Topic: RE: ***Thursday Food & Fitness*****
I'm on a diet big time trying to lose weight for surgery but I was pretty happy with myself.

For most of the day it was protein shakes (130g  total over five shakes), vitamins, and water. 

But for dinner I had two eggs and one sausage. I took two half hour walks around the neighboorhood today.

I've lost 12lbs since I last freaked out over losing weight on the message board. I'm still not ANYWHERE near losing 10 percent of my weight but I feel good about my effort. Even if I lose only 3 percent of my weight I can honestly say, "look I really really tried this is what happened it is what it is."

I'm trying to be positive about not losing weight because part of me gets really negative "why am I walking around the neighboorhood so damned much if it's not working" then I have to remind myself, self, even if you don't lose weight this is good for your lungs and heart so get walking.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/2/09 4:18 am
Topic: RE: Help- I can't swallow pills!
I was just in a super supplements yesterday and let me tell you, you can get just about aaaaannnything in a chewable or liquid form. I was quite surprised.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Nopenname
on 4/1/09 2:15 pm
Topic: RE: Sad to say: no milk = no upset tummy. DARNIT. I love milk!
The lactaid brand milk is not so bad either!

Sometimes, I'll drink it and think...this tastes a bit sweeter than I remember milk being, but most of the time I can drink it down and think I don't taste a lick of difference.

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1051 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1212 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 502 views