Am I A Success?

Debbie R.
on 5/15/11 2:36 am - Las Cruces, NM
I was hoping to lose 100 pounds. I picked the wrong surgery.
Lisaizme
on 5/15/11 6:01 am - TX
Not necessarily.   I've lost 200 lbs.

I think you've had bad luck with doctors.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Debbie R.
on 5/15/11 6:17 am - Las Cruces, NM
I agree with you there
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/11 6:29 am
a BMI of 31 is obese - mine was just around 30 when i got the band, so yes - you could qualify for a revision (maybe not insurance paid - but you certainly meet the obese requirement for WLS).

i'd be PISSED like you wouldn't know that MY surgeon had a conversation w/ANYONE but ME about ME.
not only would he know how pissed i was - but so would my state board..

find another surgeon  - preferably one who specializes in revisions.
WLS should get us out of the obese / overweight categories - not always, but that is the goal & your medical team should be supportive of that.

congrats on the 70lbs down.
kathkeb
on 5/15/11 8:06 am
I don't understand why you would consider another surgery (with that jerk) rather than finding a surgeon who will fill your band and monitor your progress with you.

Someone who will celebrate your success with you -- and help you to continue it.

I don't read where you are having any problems with the band -- rather with the philosophy of the surgeon ---- I would change that before I would ever consider another surgery.

Good luck!
Kath

Debbie R.
on 5/15/11 10:01 am - Las Cruces, NM
I would NEVER have my current surgeon do any type of surgery. I have another doctor in mind and I will call him tomorrow.
michele1
on 5/15/11 8:41 am
Revision on 07/07/15
Debbie,

I understand what you are going through. I am in the same boat as you, well almost..... I lost 80 the first year and have gained and  lost the same 10 pounds.. wanted to also lose 100 pounds at least......with my surgery anniversary coming up I have the same questions you have.........thankfully my surgeon is good and will fill me more if I need it and I could use one however I don't think I could handle more.........I only have about 6.8 in a APS small but I get heartburn when drinking water..........strange only water, I can eat the hottest wings and anything else but if I drink water....mild heartburn no reflux.

I have thought about what I would do if my band failed and have decided that even being older I would most likely get a sleeve........If they would even do one.

Your Surgeon did break HIPPA guidelines by talking about you and your case.............maybe get a second opinion from another Surgeon????? If you aren't having issues and feel you need a fill then you should be able to get one........

Michele

Debbie R.
on 5/15/11 10:21 am - Las Cruces, NM
I am calling a different surgeon tommorrow but I am not sure he will take over my case. 3 years ago when I found out that my band wasn't placed correctly he wouldn't take me on. The only one is my current surgeon who thank god removed my band and replaced everything.

I get mild heartburn from time to time. Pickle juice is the cure, you should try it. A few swallows and *poof* gone.

I am sure my surgeon will ask my sister what's going on when my new doctor requests my records and I will make sure she tells him.
michele1
on 5/16/11 3:14 am
Revision on 07/07/15

I hope you find another one that can help you. I will be sure to try the pickle juice thanks!!!!

Keep us posted,

Michele

PameW
on 5/15/11 9:26 am
First of all, the fact that your doctor broke HIPAA laws and discussed anything about you with someone else is sooooo against the law! I'm in shock that he is like this and if it was me, I would no longer he seeing him that is for sure! At all!

Second of all, my doctor and Jillian Michael's think the BMI chart is bull****! My question to you is, what things can you do now that you couldn't do before? How are your clothes fitting? Do YOU feel like you are a success? You can go by what others think! Whether that be your doctor or your peers!

As far as not losing any weight, have you changed up your routine to shock your body? Sometimes your body needs time to adjust to a certain weight before it will start losing again!

My opinion, get a new doctor!
Most Active