throw up

grannymedic1
on 1/2/13 3:05 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

I hope you have already called your surgeon. Mine told me that I should not take a "later" appointment. An unfill was an emergency where a fill was not and should insist on it to whomever did the scheduling. The last time I had to be unfilled because of a random tightening the gal at the desk wanted to schedule me for the following week. I called and left a message for my surgeons nurse and within 1/2 hour I got a call back requesting I come in as soon as I could and they would work me in. I was also sent for an emergency UGI.

Point here? If you haven't called get to it. If you have I hope it goes well. Please keep us posted.

Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Nic M
on 1/2/13 4:18 am

It's not just you. The band is a horribly damaging device. Your body may have built up a lot of scar tissue, causing problems. You need to see a doctor immediately.

Good luck and I hope you get an answer and feel better soon.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

justjudy
on 1/2/13 10:43 am - Canton, MI

This is acid reflux which is not only painful and annoying but potentially very dangerous.  Get to your surgeon for an unfill and a check up.

Judy

cheyenne000
on 1/2/13 11:45 am
VSG on 03/25/16

I agree you need to call your doctor ASAP you need a slight un fill. I also had problems with random tightening turns out mine was allergies but it was miserable. I had my band un filled for about 6- 8 months.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

hopeinarizona
on 1/2/13 11:13 pm

Please call your doctor ASAP. Vomiting and choking are NOT normal no matter what the underlying cause is. 

btownk
on 1/3/13 3:19 am

Thanks everybody, I have an app with my Doctor for Tuesday!  I'm going to be more dilligent with my band from here on out instead of downplaying it myself.  Thank-you all for your input,  

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/13 2:32 am
RNY on 04/23/13

I was banded in 2001 and rebanded again in 2011 and have had this problem on and off for years.  It was a signal to me that my band was too tight.  It also occurred if I vomited/regurgitated during the day and my stomach would become irritated.  Mine was easily fixed with a slight unfill and I also took Nexium (PPI). I would wake in the night (even when propped up to sitting position) coughing and often had vomit/saliv etc even coming out my nose.

The danger of this is that you may aspirate some of this stomach content fluid into your lungs and it may cause pneumonia.  I have cared for sevral people in HDU that this has happened to.

I would have an urgent apt with your surgeon.  Forget about all the terrifying ideas of slippage etc and start with the basics while you wait - liquid diet to reduce any inflammation around the band and avoid vomiting at al costs as this only inflames the area and makes it worse.

Goodluck

Stephanie M.
on 1/4/13 2:35 am

I recently saw my gastroenterologist for this problem.  I have IBSc and have been very constipated.  I'm on two medications, one to increase peristalsis and pull h2o into my colon to relieve the constipation, the other is an antispasmodic to help with esophogeal spasms, intestinal cramping, etc.  I can eat much better since I'm no longer "plugged" up.  I still have to eat small meals, but am tolerating fibrous foods much better.

You might just be too tight and need some fluid out.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

btownk
on 1/8/13 4:03 pm

I went to see my surgeon today and he started with removing 1/3 of the fluid and then had me drink some water to test it out, it was such a great feeling to be able to drink three, four gulps of water without it coming out!!  But I still kept burping after sipping of the water so he then removed all the fluid and has me scheduled for a upper GI to see if the band has slipped or not?  So now I worried about being able to eat too much, and of what happens next, if he does have to remove the band, I'm back to square 1 in the WL journey!  

Thank you all for your concern, am glad this site exits as I can always find support here!  Thank-you all again!

Karen

Most Active