RNY and FOBI and LUPUS

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/09 5:37 am

So did Patti Austin!  Back in my "readhead" days in college (and probably just because we were both fat), people used to tell me we looked alike.  She's always been beautiful, so I took it as a compliment,  whether it was intended or not!

Of course, these folks either have the bucks for immediate plasics, or they get the surgery "comp", in exchange for sending the surgeon business.

I was going to settle for the RNY myself, until my last attempt at working full time failed, and the insurance only covered RNY.  I was killing myself trying to keep up the COBRA payments.  Then SSDI came through, and because I had been waiting and appealing for 2 1/2 years, I got Medicare immediately, along with back pay.  That was last year.

Both Medicare and Medicaid pay for the DS, and that, my dear, was a HUGE blessing for me.

Since I have a large mass of Lymphedema on the back of my left leg, my doctor thinks they may also pay for reconstructive surgery.

The mass keeps me from sitting in chairs properly.

Jeane
on 7/28/09 5:43 am
 This is why we need a public option in the health care bill.  Unfortunately, it looks like that is going to be ditched because private insurers don't want the competition.

Jeane
on 7/28/09 6:34 am
 Patti Austin is beautiful!   I did not know she had bariatric surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Planquenil
imkewar · 6 replies · 1761 views
Lupus flares
jane235 · 5 replies · 2070 views
I need some advice
jhadsmith · 0 replies · 2192 views
Testing symbol
Kathy S. · 0 replies · 2967 views
Test
rockybuddy · 1 replies · 4704 views