Topic: RE: Sunday Weigh In

290 High weight July 2016
220.9 Last week
215.8 Today

Food: A
Water: A
Vitamins: A
Exercise: C

A good week, but not easy. I started weighing myself every other day instead of only on Sunday mornings. Also cut back on calories from 1200 to 800 daily after reading on the forums how other men have had success. And the dreaded "E" word. I exercised by being a lot more active this week, as suggested here. Cut the lawn with a push mower instead of the tractor, did a lot of yard work, and walked between buildings at work instead of driving, plus extra walking just to get the steps in.

I hoping I keep up the motivation and see my goal of 180 this year.

Have a great week
-Bob

82much
on 5/14/17 7:30 am
Topic: RE: Happy Mom's Day Weigh In

220.0 Last week
220.9 Today

Food: C

Water: B

Exercise: D

A couple of bad days eating really throws off the good ones :-) Evenings are such a killer for me. Sunday mornings are tough, they are like going to confession on the mens' forum. Ah, cleared of my sins, a new week is here!

Have a great week
-Bob

82much
on 5/7/17 4:53 pm

I had surgery around the same time. I feel you pain. Stalled to early and too long for my liking.

82much
on 5/7/17 7:06 am

220.3 Last week
220.0 Today

Food: B

Water: A

Exercise: F

Your quote of the week is right on. I'm going to print it out and put it on my refrigerator and at work.

Have a great week
-Bob

82much
on 4/30/17 6:31 pm

I hate exercise for the sake of exercising! I do enjoy bike riding with my daughter and going for walks with the Mrs.

What do you guys enjoy that constitutes exercise?

82much
on 4/30/17 6:55 am

282 Surgery day 11/28/2016
218.5 Last week 4/23
220.3 Today

I had a feeling it was going to be bad this morning. Worked Saturday and the went out with the Mrs. in the evening and had a little tavern food. Feel guilty, but thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

Have a great week
-Bob

82much
on 4/23/17 7:43 am

218.4 Last week
218.5 Today

I know I need to exercise more, but I am keeping my calories between 1200 and 1400, as my nutritionist suggested. I really thought I was going to do well this weigh in.

Have a great week everyone!

-bob

82much
on 4/17/17 8:13 am
Topic: RE: Meal prep

I bought some 1 cup containers and put leftovers in them and freeze. I keep them in a freezer at work. I also like to put Brussels sprouts or over frozen veggies in small containers and freeze for snacks. A few sticks of chicken or beef jerky are good for non perishables.

82much
on 4/16/17 6:49 am
Topic: RE: Easter Sunday Weigh In

221.7 Last week

218.4 today

Happy Easter everyone! I was on travel for work which involved a lot of walking and stair climbing. Looks like it worked out, but it sure is nice to be home :)

-bob

82much
on 4/9/17 6:50 am

222.2 Last week

221.7 today

Wi**** was better but I will take it. Only got to the gym once. Evening/boredom eating is raising its ugly head. I'm hoping gardening, biking and yardwork will take care of that. This week will be the first time I am on travel since WLS. It will be challenging since it will be 12 hour days and I'm not sure how I will have healthy snacks mixed in.

82much
on 4/2/17 7:36 am

225.6 Last week

222.2 today

I was worried that I would be up a few. Maybe there is something to that exercise thing :-) I will use this loss as incentive to keep on exercising. The walk with the wife was nice, but the gym still does not thrill me.

John, enjoy Cleveland! A few months a go I could have told you some good places to eat on the West side. Today they don't fit my menu requirements :-)

82much
on 3/26/17 7:49 am

290: High weight July 2016
232.3 Last week

225.6 today!

Finally broke the stall. Looking forward to better weather so I can ride the bike I just bought. It's used but a decent one. Last one I bought was 30 years ago. That one I used only a handful of times.

Had an appointment with my bariatric physician last week (three month check up). She was very happy with how I was progressing.

-b0b

82much
on 3/19/17 7:35 am

Last week: 230.3

Today: 232.3

Very unhappy. Exercised twice, walked more and a gain?

82much
on 3/16/17 10:55 am
Topic: RE: Sunday weigh In

Just so I am accountable here, I put in the paperwork to join our fitness center at work today. The trainer asked what I had in mind. I have no clue. What would you guys recommend? I will have a physical assessment next week.

82much
on 3/15/17 5:22 am
Topic: RE: Hungry - Full is there an in between?

Thanks. I just looked up Osrtim meat sticks, and they seem to have a lot of protein for fewer calories. Going to order some through Amazon.

82much
on 3/12/17 9:54 am
Topic: RE: Sunday weigh In

Last week: 229.9

Today: 230.3

No exercise, no excuses. OK I was on the exercise bike once last week. Looking to break this stall soon.

82much
on 3/7/17 9:34 am
Topic: RE: Hungry - Full is there an in between?

It seems that either I am hungry or full, with hardly any time in between. I eat enough and am satiated for maybe an hour, and then hungry again. I try to have a healthy snack after two hours, something like 4 oz cottage cheese or some snap peas and hummus. Anyone else have this? And any suggestions on how to cope or what to try?

thanks,

Bob

82much
on 3/5/17 7:54 am

Last week 232

Today 229.9

I need to get exercise in.

82much
on 2/26/17 8:41 am

Don, your signature line is so true!  While starting my two week pre op diet,and while t work, i let out what I thought was an innocent little blast .  A short minute later I was in the men's room, cutting my underwear off with a pocket knife so the semi contained contents would not spill.  The rest of the day was spent commando.  :-)  I've kept an extra pair in my car since then.

82much
on 2/26/17 8:34 am

232 on home scale,  Although the scale at my Nutritionist appointment Friday said 236.

HW 290 July 2016

Weather is slightly improving, I hope to start walking for exercise!  That is the hardest component for me.  I just hate it. :-)

82much
on 2/23/17 12:02 pm
Topic: RE: RNY coming up

Welcome to the men's forum!  I'm new here myself.

82much
on 2/20/17 12:31 pm
Topic: RE: So post op...What foods don't sit well with you??

I am only three months out from VSG, but it seams I tolerate most things I have tried.  Beef and venison were the roughest, but within the last few weeks it is better.  Perhaps I am learning to chew more.  I completely avoid rice and bagels, two foods I used to really enjoy.  Hell, I enjoyed all food :-)   I tried a little and they swelled up in my sleeve which was extremely uncomfortable.  Throwin up?  I have on more than a few times.  Mainly because I ate too fast and didn't realize I was full.  This is probably the hardest part of WLS for me.  I have a ways to go, si I will be asking questions of you vets.

-b0b

82much
on 2/19/17 5:54 pm
Topic: RE: Fairly new guy checking in

Was there a VSG choice in 2006?  I went to a seminar about 10 years ago and they talked about the lap band, but I decided not to do it.  Then last year my Gastro doc told me about VSG just before I was due for another colonoscopy.  That is when I started to look into it.

Just curious why people got the type of WLS they did.

-Bob

82much
on 2/16/17 5:41 pm
Topic: RE: Fairly new guy checking in

Greetings LilBill, and all,

I am fairly new too.  I saw the post also and figured I should stop here more often.  Bill, I am not nearly as old as you, I am 56 :-)  Hobbies are the outdoors, camping which I don't do nearly enough, cooking, computers, and electronics.  I am not a hunter, but I can cook up a lot of venison and other game.  My older brother is an avid hunter and his wife and my wife won't eat game, so we get together and cook out with our buddies.  I am very happy as just recently I have been able to eat venison smokies!   I'm hoping to have questions answered as I progress and answer questions where I can.  I was sleeved 11/28/2016 In Cleveland, OH.  So greetings to all!

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 23 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 23 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 48 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 72 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 99 views