BeliteWeight, Dr. Jose Rodriguez Villarreal, Star Medica Juarez Mexico Questions

Bearz
on 7/18/14 11:16 pm

I just want to tell u they r great. I was scared and they calmed me. Its clean, they came in 2 times a day and cleaned. Yes there r people that don't do what they r supposed to doand it causes problems. But I will tell u I had 4 docs and I seen 2 every day and the anesthesiologist came in and seen me too.I had the best care. I will tell u you need to get your self up and walk at least 3 times a day around the nurses station. If not u will have problems. They do a leek test. Asfare as the Dr here in the states u have to talk to your primary doctor and tell him what you're doing if not go to the ER. I just can't say enough good things about them.good luck to you and I hope your journey is safe and let us know when you get back

Friends K.
on 8/3/14 11:52 am
RNY on 01/14/14

FYI El Paso and Houston are 12 hours apart.  I live in El Paso.

5'4" SW=285 PreOp=-13 (surgery @272#,1/14/14), 2week=-12 (260#), 1M=-20 (252#), 2M=-9.5(242.5#), 3M=-18 (224#), 4 M =-10 (214#), 5 M=-11 (202#) 6 M=-11(190.5), 7M=-7.5 (183), 8 M=-6 lbs (177) 9M=-5 (172) 10M=-7.5 (164.5#)

jenn1469
on 8/3/14 12:13 pm

I wen threw them at the las vegas location and they were awesome. They fought with my insurance to get me approved where doctors didn't even try. I had the sleeve done 6-10-14. Best experience They were great!!!

Jennifer

PattiWilliams
on 3/9/15 1:47 am

I am one week from having my surgery! Feel great lost 15pounds, moving slow. Dr. Almo and his team were great, my husband was treated just as good as me. You will never see such a clean hospital. All of the doctors that were involved with my surgery came and visited me they are all so kind. 

Mi have no regrets and have not had one complication. 

band07sleeve13
on 4/8/15 11:10 pm

I'm scheduled with Dr. rod in 2 weeks, I'm freaking out about safety in Juarez, can others share their experience with this ?

BabyBlues79
on 4/24/15 2:30 pm
VSG on 05/07/15

How did the procedure go I'm having mine done in 2 weeks May 7th with the same doctors. How was it?

band07sleeve13
on 4/29/15 12:13 am

Everything went great!  If I was going to do anything differently though, I would not fly in and have surgery same day, it was just too much for me.  I had to go over 24 hours without eating and I was exhausted, and grouchy and starving to death by the time I got to surgery at 7 in the evening.  Also, don't expect any type of definite schedule, things just kind of happen when they happen and you don't get much heads up.  Other than that, I was very happy with the care and cleanliness and the surgeons were great!  They checked on me a couple times a day but have your questions ready because they are very busy and are in and out quick.  Juarez, was nothing to worry about either, I felt silly freaking out about that actually once we got there.  The nurses don't hover like they do in the US but they do come quickly if you call them.  And they don't all speak English but its manageable.  I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have. 

chance701
on 8/14/15 9:40 am

i have gastric bypass in mexico on 4-23-15 it was the best thing i have ever done the dr was great the hospital was so good better care there than in the states no pain what so ever i was over 400 pounds i have lost 109 in less than 4 mo i feel like i have my lift back i would recommend it to anybody that needs it 

sentoria0423
on 2/27/18 6:42 am

How are you doing now?

JillMiranda
on 9/2/16 10:42 am
RNY on 10/13/16

I had a revision on my bypass that was done 15 years ago. I had gained about 50 pounds and didn't want to gain anymore. I have lost in the last 3 weeks, 13 pounds... which was all in the first 10 days and none since. I am keeping to my diet, eating only about 800 calories a day... so, I hope it picks up. I wanted to come on here, cuz there is not a lot of places to talk about surgery in Mexico that are not controlled by the consultants who get you there....ever wonder why all the reviews (like on BeLiteWeight) are all POSITIVE? It's because if you have a less than perfect experience, they deny what you claim and ignore you. I am not even going to mention the rip-off financers they offer but to say we paid $300 for a credit card offered for free online and an outrageous fee to use it for the surgery... a racket but we thought this is how it is done and they told us nothing else. Come to find out later, there is A LOT they don't mention to make more money....

Just to say, the surgery was fine, the doctors were great and the hospital, while not all that wonderful as told to us, was fine... basically a Motel 6 without the charm, but the cafe' food was good my husband says. My problems began in recovery. I was told I would not be left alone, but, I woke up totally alone. After calling out, someone came by and I mentioned I needed to urinate. I was told there was no way for that. What?? Finally, the nurse brought me a bedpan and some paper towels and left. The thing leaked all over. Did they change the sheets? No! My husband had to do that once I got back in the room! I sat on wet sheets over an hour. He had to chase down the sheets, while I tried (2 hours after the surgery), to give myself a quick sponge bath in the bathroom. I am so glad we bought our own towels and washcloths as they offered only one large towel the entire visit. The nursing staff was nice but very slow and sometimes ignored me, especially about pain control. I had, what the doctors told me, was a very long and involved surgery and I would/should be in more pain than I expected... so true! Not that I am a wimp, I had two fully natural births of 10 pound babies at home! But does being a pain wimp really matter? Everyone knows pain control is essential to promote healing. It was nearly impossible to get good pain control, and one time they tried to give me something I am allergic to...so bring a computer or smart phone a search everything they give you. The one time they got my pain under control, they refused to give me the same thing the next time. At one point, I was in tears and hyperventilating and it was absolutely no big deal to them at all!  They kept pushing cheaper, less effective drugs... one way they cut costs I guess, at my expense! When I told them a certain drug had no effect at all, the answer was, "Take two."  I was not ready to leave when I did, but I was so eager to get out of there, I did go. I had some codeine in the car from a past dental treatment and thank God I did! My advice, bring your own pain meds, just in case. The other ways the cut costs is by never changing your gowns, linens or towels, cheapy breathing exercise devices, lousy TV (bring your own entertainment) and basically not having enough staff to attend to you. It was hard, at times, to get anyone to come to the room or come back quickly after a request. Not too bad, just go prepared not thinking what BeLiteWeight says is at all true.

Lastly, when I reported my experience to my consultant Sylvia at BeLiteWeight, she ignored me and forwarded my email to the owner JoAnne... who, never apologized or even asked any questions about it all. NO ONE there has ever apologized, checked up on me or frankly given a damn... I guess they got their money and that's it. Meanwhile, I have say I still feel traumatized for the pain. I have had many surgeries and never had anything near what this pain level was and the fact no one really cared what happened, hurts my soul.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 322 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 504 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1098 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1672 views