I chose a Doctor! " Lopez,". Wilhemly and Alverez were on my short list of...

Y D.
on 12/9/14 7:04 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Me too :)

coffeehousegirl
on 12/9/14 11:46 am

I will be going to Dr Wilhelmy on the 15th, I also felt very comfortable with their office and the traveling was not a problem for me at all.  1.5 from San Diego well worth it for me to have a good sleeve done ;) 

froggie48
on 12/11/14 6:18 am

I had Dr Lopez Dec 2 ...he is an amazing man!!!A few hrs after getting sleeve done i was up and walking went out the next day to tour around mexico Miguel Frank and Sandra are so so helpful!!!Seen my doctor today she took me off my blood pressure meds and i lost 29 lbs !! super happy good luck to you all who are getting it done.

Memelee504
on 12/11/14 9:45 am - New Orleans, LA
with

Froggie when did you have your VGS, and I was also wondering if you bought a companion? From the information I'm reading it appears that they are encouraging you to get a hotel. And if I use VIDA hospital it's an extra 300 for a companion.. Can you tell me your experience?

froggie48
on 12/13/14 6:46 am

I was sleeved Dec2 2014...so im a newbie as well .I also went to VIDA and i had my sister come with me.the day we got there e stayed at the Marriott then the next am we were brought to VIDA ...my sister was brought to the boutique(hotel)and i was brought to another floor for my surgery.After i was done they did contact sister to let her know surgery was over and went well but she was not allowed to come see me(to make sure no germs are spread they said)so we were separated for one night then the next am i was brought to her room(was around 10 am)we stayed there one more night and the next day we were brought back to Marriott for one more night then in am we were picked up and brought back to hotel.I didnt like the fact of all this back and forth and if i was to redo i would book vida only!seemed like we were steady packing and unpacking luggage! Hope it helps i have lost 31 lbs since my pre op mid November so im very pleased with my surgery !!if you have anymore questions you can private message me 

Memelee504
on 12/13/14 11:49 am - New Orleans, LA
with

Yes Froggie you did help me.. I just got my surgery date Feb 14,2015.. One more thing did you have to pay a fee for your sister to stay at VIDA...

froggie48
on 12/14/14 6:06 am

Yes i did as i recall it was 150$ and because i had high BMI it was 350$.If i was you i was ask to stay at the vida boutique compared to staying at the Marriott(found it extremely expensive to eat there plus food free calls all included at Vida)

Y D.
on 12/15/14 1:45 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Froggie I thought that broth and popsicles were provided for free at Marriott? Has this changed?

Memelee504
on 12/15/14 2:06 am - New Orleans, LA
with

That is my plan to stay the entire time in the boutique @Vida..

froggie48
on 12/15/14 5:24 am

No it hasn't changed they do give you 2 bowls of broth 2 bottles of water and 2 frozen water slightly flavored .The water was bottled but it was gross .The one at vida was better .Even my sister said the bottled water tasted bad.If i was to do it again i would pay the 300$ and stay at vida instead of going back and forth from Marriott to boutique.You will be so much better off! BTW who is your coordinator?

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 322 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 504 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1098 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1674 views