Stall at less than 4 weeks post op

Ms_M
on 3/25/13 2:06 am
RNY on 02/07/13

I freaked out too and was very depressed until  I saw other's posts about the stall, the doctor's office never discussed this.  The discussions helped me, and it was pretty much like they had stated, stalled for a few weeks, and then it started moving again, but tough when people kept asking how much weight I had lost...but after I was able to tell them about the "typical" stall was much better...was feeling like a failure.

aidan
on 3/25/13 8:00 am - Canada
I feel so much better thanks!

macrobug1
on 3/25/13 2:09 am, edited 3/25/13 2:10 am

Yep.  For close to a month.  I have had more stalls than periods of weight loss.  But somehow I am 85 lbs down at 4.5 months out.  Don't give up.  Increase your protein, get your water in, take all of your vitamins etc and get out and exercise. 

You can do it!!

EDIT:   Don't weigh yourself daily.  Once a week is good enough.  Measure yourself and take pictures to compare.  Pay more attention to the clothing getting bigger than the scales.  Scales are evil tools designed to torture and drive us insane.

aidan
on 3/25/13 8:01 am - Canada
Thanks! My husband put the scale away this morning after my meltdown.

Patm
on 3/25/13 2:22 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You may find that although you do not lose weight you will lose inches. Try on new clothes

aidan
on 3/25/13 8:02 am - Canada
Yep you are right!

Gabygee
on 3/25/13 3:55 am - Canada

Absolutely. Happened to 99% of us.

Your body thinks you've had an unfortunate accident and are temporarily starving, so it's holding on for all it's worth.

When it figures out that this is the new normal, you'll lose dramatically and quickly. Like 3 pounds overnight.

Don't worry for another week or two - then step on the scales.

aidan
on 3/25/13 8:03 am - Canada
Thanks can't wait for it to be over!

Silverlake1975
on 3/25/13 4:54 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 06/19/12

Very normal!  I came on here when I hit that dreaded 3 week stall and was so relieved to hear how common it is!  There are a few other stall periods that seem to be the norm for most people, so have no fear, we've all been through them and they pass!  But I know how you feel...they are still frustrating and scary!!

aidan
on 3/25/13 8:03 am - Canada
Thanks....it is frustrating!

Most Active
Recent Topics