Let's Talk Harvest Crunch

Lorieliz
on 8/28/13 3:04 am - Canada

I have always loved the stuff but wouldn't eat it. Too many calories, not enough nutrition.

Referral St. Joe's, Hamilton - Surgery May 28, 013 

dna
on 8/28/13 4:44 am - Canada

Mindless eating terrifies me.   I definetly wouldn't be keeping that box of cereal.  It would go down nice and then stay there on my hips I think. 

eggface makes a good granola recipe that I eat as a snack. 

1/3 cup oats

1/3 cup sliced almonds

1/4 cup nuts and seeds (total)

1 scoop protein powder (I use GNC ISO pure whey vanilla and the scoop is tiny)

3 T SF Torani

2 T nut butter

1 T butter

I put tonnes and tonnes of cinammon in it but you can choose your own spices

Put it in the oven at 350 for 20 mins after spreading it on a foiled cookie sheet.  Delicious !

What about drying some cucumber "chips" in the oven or something like that ?

Good luck !  Head hunger and mindless munching is a yucky road to go down :(

Referral:  August 2011  Information session:  November 2011
Nut/Psych/SW: Spring 2012  Surgeon Meet:  July 6, 2012  Surgery: August 30, 2012

Charlene Straus
on 8/28/13 4:50 am - Mississauga, Canada

Way, way, way too many carbs. Definitely not enough protein. You can take all kinds of carb free vegies and dry them in the oven. I do Kale, mixed greens, etc. Wash them and make sure they are dry. Spread them on a baking sheet and spray them with cooking spray and put them in the oven at a low temp for 20 min to half an hour. Put them in a bowl and toss them with  your favorite seasonings. Yummy and safe. This is a grandkid and movie night snack, minus the popcorn

Laurie C.
on 8/28/13 6:46 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

Thanks for reading and commenting, the responses I got are exactly what I required, everybody is 100% correct and I am totally wrong.  I do dump on Oatmeal crisp and many other things.  I have this stupid reactive hypoglycemia also but I need carbs to keep my brain going or I get that foggy feeling.  The Harvest Crunch does taste really good but it is not for us, I shall give it to my Son who will inhale it without a second thought.  Thank you everybody.  I really do appreciate everyone's honesty and wisdom.                    Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

2by4
on 8/28/13 8:18 am

That is such a nice response Laurie.  Good for you!

VBG: Dr. Abawi (Bowmanville) Jun-2004.   Weight Loss:  237 ⬇ 164 = 73 pounds loss in first year.
Bariatric Network Registry:  19-Aug-2011                               Orientation at HRRH:  17-Aug-2012
Consult with Dr. Hagen (HRRH): 29-Aug-2012              Doctor ordered Gastroscopy:  10-Oct-2012
Meetings with  Nurse,  Vampire,  Registered Dietician  and  Social Worker  (HRRH):  24-Oct-2012
Consult with Internist Dr Glazer:  29-Oct-2012          Ordered Cardiac Ultrasound 12-Nov-2012
Met with Dr. Hagen: 12-Nov-2012    Surgery date 19-Feb-2013     (07- Jan-2013 date revised)
Pre-Admission Tests:  10-Jan-2013     Started OptiFast: 14-Jan-2013     Starting Weight:  233
Conversion Surgery VBG ➜ RnY with Dr. Hagen:  28-Jan-2013          Weight day of Surgery:  216

Most Active
Recent Topics