I still have sleep apnea

Dar_Mab
on 11/27/13 9:31 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

I go for my retest in February which would put me at 11 months post op.  I truly hope I don't require it. Since this last surgery I haven't been sleeping with it as I find the pressure too high and it wakes me up. With my belly pain I am not sleeping the best anyhow.  So far, I don't wake up with headaches or anything so I am hopeful my re test will show I don't have to wear it. 

However like you I was very comfortable sleeping with it so if the test shows I need it, I will wear it. At the very least I presume they can lower the pressure.  

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

chipmunk_roasting
on 11/28/13 12:26 am, edited 11/28/13 2:10 am - Ottawa, ON, Canada

Might I suggest that you have the pressure lowered now, and continue to use it until your sleep test results are analysed?

Your service provided can lower it by 2 numbers (i.e. from, say 12 to 10) without contacting your sleep physician and can contact the doctor if it needs to be lowered again before your testing.   It would help, I think, your healing and might ease your belly pain if you were getting better sleep.  

It's worth a try, and you've got nothing to lose.

Just a thought -- continue to feel better, my friend. 

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics