6 weeks out and everything tastes yucky

Blueiiis
on 9/23/14 10:20 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks. I think I am a little timid to try new things after the tuna incident - felt like it was stuck and man was it uncomfortable. I went for a walk because it hurt to sit and I was panicking lol.  All was ok in about 30 minutes, but I don't wish to repeat that.

Hopefully will have some ideas tomorrow.  

Nice to hear from you, hope you are doing well!

Zizzler
on 9/23/14 10:21 am

At 5 weeks out I play it safe at work, eating things I know me and my pouch like such as sf greek yogurt, homemade chilli, premier protein shake, cheese stick, quest bar, banana, tuna.  When I am at home I like to try different things sometimes.  Tonight I had tried canned sliced beets and goat cheese brie.  That way if my pouch does not like it I at least am at home rather than work.  Food does not make me feel sick very often (maybe 3 or 4 times) but I find I am not craving it like I used to.  Some days I can eat without issue but other days I have no desire to eat whatsoever, and have to focus in order to get the required protein, vitamins, liquids etc.  That is so good that you have your 4 week tomorrow, they will be able to advise you best.  Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

mandygarden
on 9/23/14 10:43 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada

Hi guys. I'm four weeks out today and I am feeling hungry all the time and not ever full. I'm getting 80-90 G protein per day. How many calories are you guys consuming? All vits and I admit I'm a little short on water. I think I'm experimenting a little too much too as I have had a few dumping experiences but have tolerated everything else well. Sometimes it doesn't feel like I've had the surgery. Is it just the nerves still healing?? Also, anyone else had headaches?? 

Referral - August 2013  Orientation - October 2013  Intake - November 2013  Nurse Practitioner - March 2014  Surgical Orientation - April 2014 Psychometrist - April 28, 2014  Nutritionist - May 5th, 2014  Ultrasound - May 21, 2014 Internest - July 29, 2014 Meet with Surgeons - August 7, 2014 PreOP - Aug 18th  Scope - Aug 19, 2014 SURGERY AUGUST 27th!!!!!!

Catw
on 9/24/14 2:43 am - Arnprior, Canada

There are a lot of causes for headaches.  One of them being dehydrated.  Dehydration causes a lot of issues (including headaches, fatigue, hunger, etc), so try to get your water in, if it's hot out, drink more than you thing you need.  It's hard to judge how much you are losing.  Stress is another issue that can cause headaches, bright lights (sun), asperatime (sp?) and so on.

As for the full, your nerves are still healing, just eat the amount given by the centre and you'll be fine.

Cathy

Valerie G.
on 9/23/14 11:19 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I went through the same thing for several months, post DS.  I didn't get nauseaus, but food lost all enjoyment. I ate because my body needed it and gave up on enjoyment.  It did come back over time, though.

Now that nausea may be a symptom of dehydration, so make sure you're getting at least 64oz of fluids, no ifs ands or butts.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Catw
on 9/24/14 2:40 am - Arnprior, Canada

If you guys are looking for new food ideas, check out the What are you eating thread posted daily.  Post yourself and check to see what others are eating.

Cathy

Karen M.
on 9/24/14 2:56 am - Mississauga, Canada

Or check out the Ontario Recipes Forum - GREAT ideas there for all stages!

Click here for wonderful recipes!

Karen :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TheNewT
on 9/24/14 3:46 am
VSG on 08/04/14

Oh yes I had this. I am 7 weeks out and I don't remember what time period I experienced this. It didn't last long for me though. I just had to switch up what I ate often. No leftovers. Just as soon as it came, it left. I just choked down a lot of meals. I just ate eggs for the first time in over 3 weeks.

Hang in there. It will get better. If you find that you really can't eat/drink enough to meet your requirements definitely talk with your surgeon.

Blueiiis
on 9/25/14 7:55 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks.  Definitely no leftovers here now lol.  I think my husband may end up gaining weight because I feed him my leftovers.

i have decided to be more adventurous! I am no longer eating for enjoyment but for fuel.... And my brain knows that, now if I could just get my taste buds to cooperate I would be all set. 

Most Active
Recent Topics