What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

Leanne1
on 8/20/15 7:12 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Thank you 😊 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Zizzler
on 8/20/15 5:17 am, edited 8/20/15 5:47 am

Good afternoon everyone, late to post but better late than never eh?  Karen, I am not a big fan of either of the vanillas on their own, sometimes I use them in coffee to make a protein coffee. 

My blood test results indicate that my iron is 21 which I am told is ok, but my b12 and blood pressure are low, which is what they think is causing the dizziness and feeling off-balance.  I was told to consume more salt to help with this, has anyone else been told to do this?  She recommended feta cheese, which I love, so I am going to buy some of that.  I have exceeded their medical goal for my weight loss, which was 171, so they were very happy.  My personal goal is to get to 150, hopefully 146 which is normal bmi, but she told me that my weight is very healthy right now given my build and I do not need to lose any more at this point - I am currently at 164lbs.  I am continuing to eat as I did before, they recommend 1200-1600 calories per day, there is no way I can do that right now, lucky to get in 900 on my best days.  Anyone else told this at 1 year out? I can understand once I am in maintenance, but that seems like a lot?  I did not even eat this amount pre-op.  Am I missing something?

1 year post op

b - gnc shake strawberry, sf pomegranate water

s - gnc shake banana, sf pomegranate water

l - whipped peanut butter, roasted salted and spiced soybeans

s - leftover cauliflower tomato swiss cheese casserole

d - leftover cauliflower tomato swiss cheese casserole, extra cheese added

s - sf pomegranate water, frozen berries

edited to add:  Noticed my calories were low again at 750, I added a few things, now at 875.

all water and vits

Have a nice evening

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

betony63
on 8/20/15 11:05 am, edited 8/20/15 11:13 am

Hope you feel better soon, Zizzler! Yes, I've heard that salt can make you feel better. I know broth made me feel better those first horrid days on Opti, so maybe something salty will help you now. And congrats on your stellar weightloss!

GUELPH. Referral: Dec 6/13. Orientation: Mar 6/14, Post-op Diet Class: Sept 22/14, Meeting with Surgeon: Dec 2/14, Surgery: Jan 22/15

Leanne1
on 8/20/15 7:10 pm - Newmarket, Canada

Heyy Zizzler! 

Yep! I was told to add more salt to my diet, it worked. 

I was told the same thing about calories.. 1200-1600, depending on my activity level. (I thought they were crazy but I followed what I was told and did feel better) 

According to Leona (she specializes in iron), our ferritan should be 50 & higher.

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

new_me180
on 8/20/15 8:21 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I hear you on the dizziness. I had it for the longest. Months 9-14, i was dizzy a lot. I was told the salt thing too but, i didn't see any difference. It went on it's own. Now once in a while i still get dizzy for just a bit. 

On the calories, I was told I should be around 1000 cals at my yr appt. I rarely reach that but, she said not to concentrate on calories but to eat a maximum of a cup at one sitting.

Helna_Handbasket
on 8/20/15 3:40 pm - OWEN SOUND, Canada

Evening!

I love reading this thread, gives me great ideas for future once I get through this puree stage.  2 weeks, 2 days post op.

Breakfast - 1 small source yogurt - key lime w a tablespoon of Diesel Vanilla Bean protein

Snack - 1/3 cup chocolate Premier Protein shake

Lunch - 1/4 cup hummus and 4 saltine crackers, and 1/2 cup Premier protein shake

Dinner - 1/3 cup homemade pureed chili - using TVP, pinto beans, onion and lots of spices, and a dollop of fat free sour cream.

Snack - if room later, sugar free cherry Jello.

My "water" is Nectar protein Green Apple flavour - I've been sipping at a cup of that on/off all day, along with a litre of water. 

I've had some trial and error with protein powders.  I really like the Diesel Vanilla.  It SMELLS good, not like a lot of other whey products.  Tastes good too!  Plus it's lactose free, which is great for me.

Referral: August 2014 Orientation: 28Nov14 Social Worker: 05Feb15 Nurse Practitioner: 25Feb15 Nutrition Class: 30Mar15 Dietitian: 14Apr15 Psychologist: 21Apr15 NP followup: 23Apr15 Meet Surgeon: 26June15 Start Opti/PreOp: 21July15 Surgery!: 04Aug15!! 

I keep a blog... you're welcome to read it anytime :)  https://heretoeaternity.wordpress.com/

betony63
on 8/20/15 10:59 am, edited 8/20/15 11:06 am

Hi everyone, hope you had a happy Thursday!

Mmmmm, Karen ... pulled pork! What do you use for sauce?

So I didn't walk at lunch today BUT I did a 2 mile Leslie Sansone tape tonight and I'm ridiculously proud of myself :)

Food-wise was what I eat every day - it's boring but safe!

B - Premiere Protein shake (got to try some of those GNC ones!)

S - 1 oz. cheese, 20 grams wheat thins

L - Costco cranberry chicken salad

S2 - cottage cheese

D - 2 oz. sirloin, 1 cup mixed greens, raspberry vinaigrette, sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles

S3 - Source Greek yogurt in key lime

GUELPH. Referral: Dec 6/13. Orientation: Mar 6/14, Post-op Diet Class: Sept 22/14, Meeting with Surgeon: Dec 2/14, Surgery: Jan 22/15

Karen M.
on 8/20/15 6:59 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I'll post the recipe tomorrow - so good.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics