CHEATING ON OPTI ð??"

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/16 10:00 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

They were embarassed that they got closed up and had to pay the price by doing more Opti.  They were both part of a private FB group and were all pumped for surgery and as soon as they both got closed up, they both left the FB group.  I had both on FB and messaged them and they both said pretty much the same thing, they felt stupid that they were so pumped and screwed up.  Didn't matter how many people told them to come back, they both felt they didn't want to.  Their choice to be that way and nobody ever judged them but they had to deal with their own guilt and chose to avoid support.  None of us know how we'd feel if we were in their shoes.  Pre op everyone is on a high to get the surgery and be thin and then to wake up and be told that you went under for nothing must be pretty tough to swallow.

White Dove
on 5/11/16 10:11 am - Warren, OH

After surgery if you decide to go to Subway you can tear open you new stomach and need surgery again or die.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Hidingaway
on 5/11/16 11:37 am

Omg I messed up- it's so rare to see anyone post anything like what I did on here because of remarks like yours. So after you make mistakes you can't learn from them? I've learned so much just from posting this last night- my hunger was stronger than my brain which will not happen again. 

I can and will do this, I'm not beating myself up like some people on here think I should be because I'm human, it's done with and there's nothing I can do to take it back. We learn from our mistakes and I've learned a huge lesson.. If they open me up and see my liver is too fatty and I'm sent home with a few more weeks of Opti then so be it, it's my own fault. But I promise you if that does happen I will share my story, take responsibility for it and try to help others that have the courage to admit they might have messed up to!

Referral Oct 10 2015

Orientation Nov 25 2015

Sleep Study Dec 5 2015

Sleep Clinic Results Jan 15 2016

Nurse Practioner Jan 18 2016

Dietician/Social Worker Feb 5 2016

2nd Sleep study Feb 5 2016

Started using CPAP Feb 18 2016

2nd Sleep Study results March 17 2016-official prescription

Pre-surgical class March 30 2016

Meet the surgeon April 20 2016

SURGERY MAY 19 2016 !!!

Glimmer78
on 5/11/16 11:49 am - Ontario, Canada

I start opti next week. A friend who had surgery about 3 years ago told me to chew sugar free gum. It helped her, because she was still chewing on something. Good luck and keep your chin up :)

Referral-Feb/15, Orientation HRRH-May 29/15, Dr. Hagen-Dec. 14/15, Sleep study-Dec. 16/15, Trio app't-Feb. 2/16, Follow-up SW & RD-Mar.14/16, Dr. Glazer-Mar. 30/16, Dr. Hagen - May 3/16, Surgery - June 6/16

Hidingaway
on 5/11/16 11:55 am

Thankyou for that! Good luck to you also:)

My chin is up lol- I'm fine and I've got this

Referral Oct 10 2015

Orientation Nov 25 2015

Sleep Study Dec 5 2015

SURGERY MAY 19 2016 !!!

Monica9811
on 5/11/16 12:06 pm - Peterborough, Canada

Does your centre allow you to have veggies or broth?  I found them helpful on the odd day I needed to chew something or drink something other than water.  I only had 1 broth and veggies a couple of times but they saved me from slipping.  Good luck.  Stay on track from here on in-if head hunger gets to you start reading posts on OH to keep you focused so you know why you are doing what you are doing.  Like the person above said chew gum or drink water even.  You don't have that far to go now.  I did Opti for 3 months for a weightloss diet years ago and I never strayed once!  I was amazed at my willpower.  Would even go to bars and drink water all night.  Of course I only kept that weight off for a few years and then I was back to packing it on.  This surgery fixes your stomach but doesn't fix your head/mind so you need to be constantly vigilant about what you are putting in your mouth for the rest of your life.  You won't be perfect but for the first 18 months you need to be strict as all hell.  Don't sway from the plan.  Don't eat junk or sugar, avoid carbs as much as possible.  That is your honeymoon phase. 

All the best!

Buttercup24
on 5/11/16 1:04 pm
RNY on 02/04/14

I honestly think this comment was uncalled for. She has made a mistake, she has owned up to it.  Your comment is hurtful.

highlandbear
on 5/11/16 5:48 pm - Canada

Her comment made have been  harsh but sometimes people need that as an eye opener. My concern for this person she did not cheat just once with subway but twice and I have wonder why subway. why not something live a celery stick. I have big concern for her for after the surgery if she can handle it. Not once have I read that she called the clinic to talk to them and let them know what she has done. Maybe they will go ahead but than again maybe they will postpone her. I would rather her be honest with the clinic than be on the operating table and find out that they could not do it and waste the doctor time and the tax payers money.

I know two people that have died from this surgery and yea what she said was harsh but the the truth be told she could die if she does not get the help now and eats subway after the surgery. that is the facts and I wish someone had been truthful to the one person who died because she cheated on Opti and went and ate food after surgery that she should have never had and ran into trouble.  

Ginnny
on 5/11/16 5:56 pm, edited 5/11/16 10:57 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Well said. I was also looking to read what the clinic has to say. 

Hidingaway
on 5/11/16 9:01 pm

I'm sorry to disappoint you Ginny as I didn't call.

Referral Oct 10 2015

Orientation Nov 25 2015

Sleep Study Dec 5 2015

SURGERY MAY 19 2016 !!!