Cream soup?

2BHealthy2016
on 5/18/16 10:26 pm

Thunder Bay Regional 

intothesunshine
on 5/19/16 7:28 am

I ate them as soon as I got home... I roasted carrots and 2 sweet potatoes in a little oil with salt and pepper - then I tossed them in the vitamix with chicken broth and garlic powder..... and a tiny sprinkle of cumin.... I added a splash of milk but the vitamix makes everything creamy... I froze the soup,ironically using my individual brownie pan..... I wrapped them separate 2 in a pack and that was a meal.... and it went down wonderful.... my mom made me split pea soup and we blended that too along with a roasted pepper and tomato soup.... each served with a bite of cottage cheese - yummmmm & easy on the stomach.... (at least for me)

ttfan
on 5/18/16 2:53 am
RNY on 08/15/16

My instructions are clear liquids the day I come home, the next day go onto full liquids (whi*****ludes strained cream soups) for 14 days, then if I can tolerate that well I will move onto pureed foods for 14 days, etc.

Patm
on 5/18/16 5:41 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

If you are going to have soups put protein powder in them. One person posted once that they would measure out their protein powder in the morning and add it to everything they had that day.

Good luck

HKT53
on 5/18/16 6:09 am - Toronto, Canada

Cream soups need to be strained and is considered full liquid. I was in for three days and was on full liquid coming home. Having said that...I magically became lactose intolerant and I had about 1/3 cup of cream soup and was nauseous. Never did milk base anything since. Im 9 months out. Try to stay away from cream soup. Not enough protein, too thick to swallow, too heavy on your stomach, to hard to digest and too high in calorie. Its fine, dont panick. Start with the light broths and see where it takes you after you healed inside.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics