I am on the losers bench!

leeann73
on 2/20/18 6:30 am

It was the best decision I ever made. It is not an easy road but it is a terrific road. Best of luck for continued healing and welcome to the loser's bench

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Kathy1212
on 2/21/18 9:06 am

Congrats, and welcome to the bench!

I had to tell myself that I could back out at any time right up to surgery. My second thought after waking up pre op was that I could still back out, lol. Then I realized I couldn't.

I had this weird back and forth anxiety between wanting the option to back out and being terrified they wouldn't let me have surgery. I guess I just wanted it to be my choice, lol.

Have fun with your charm buying! I wish I would have thought of that when I started out last year. I bought necklaces...one for every 10 Ibs gone, for the first 80 Ibs; then thought OMG, I do not need any more necklaces, lol. Charms make so much more sense.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

rce884
on 2/22/18 2:22 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

Glad to hear you braved through it. it is always a bit scary to have surgery. especially elective surgery (though for many of us it really is life and death our weight affecting our health so much)

but you made it through. welcome to the losers bench.

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

Most Active
Recent Topics