Panniculectomy Approval/Questions about Abdominalplasty

Mahalo F.
on 2/10/21 4:49 pm

Hey

Thank you for your reply.

I can't blame the doctor. The MAN that reviewed my application just simply denied it.

I met all the criteria!

My letter was extraordinary & I presented a compelling story. Supported with letter from the weight management centre & my GP.

Thank God he said yes! He just happened to be the head of the department.

I envisioned him working from home sitting in his boxers and a T-shirt reviewing my appeal letter.

perhaps Covid softened him a bit. Not sure but I'm relieved.

Thanks again

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

CastleVlad
on 2/7/21 3:48 pm

I had abdominoplasty 4 years after my RNY, which in April will be 18 yrs. I'd lost 228 lbs, having started out at 384lbs, down to 156lbs. It was an amazing transformation!!! A year later I had excess skin removed from upper arms and thighs. Another amazing transformation. I am a completely new person! I also advise WEAR THE BINDER 24/7. I still will wear the binder sometimes to this day if I feel my 'hourglass' shape is needing a little defining. I also will wear it to support my back as I have chronic back pain (among other issues). You'll have drains after the surgery. They are more a nuisance than anything. I was, however, able to hide them in my jeans pockets. Yes indeed I was able to wear jeans, size 6!

All that said, I have regained about 50lbs. In Feb 2009 I broke my leg, then 4 months later I broke my foot. (I was in police training.) So I was on crutches all that year and put back on some weight. I'm wearing my binder a bit more just to hold my shape.

Good luck!

beechie46
on 2/9/21 2:23 pm

I had my RNY July 2, 2013. I lost 127#'s in 6 months and have kept it off for 7.5 years. I now weigh 127#'s and I do allow my self a leeway up to 132#'s. I hit that 132 #'s and felt like I was such a loser!! All I did to correct it was cut back on my Special Coffees from Dutch Bro's and Java Run. That kicked me back into the weight that I am satisfied with. Now I can address my Panni which I had in Sept 2015. I was told that he would cut my stomach to my fat Fuba and pull the skin from my back and my Mons. Which I didn't get done. Basically he didn't do any thing he had told me. He did remove over 10 plus #'s. But I was left with skin on my back and sides. And a FAT Fuba. My upper belly makes me look like I might be PG. It's all ok. If I had it to do over again I would go for the whole set up. Have a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair. Plus during my Panni they gave me a muscle relaxant that I am allergic too. (which I warned them about) she told me that she would use the one they had used during my RNY, same Hospital. It put me so deep asleep that I had to be on the respirator and in Intensive Care for 8 hours, and I woke up to them tasering on my temple. It ended up costing like 35,000.00 versus 12,000 $$'s. Thank goodness my insureance covered it all. I would make sure that whomever was doing your surgery that it is clear on what you want!! Sorry for the long post. Have a great day and surgery.

Mahalo F.
on 2/10/21 4:56 pm, edited 2/10/21 9:55 am

Thank you for your response!

I met with my surgeon today!

I addressed all my concerns!

I am getting the extended tummy tuck, muscle repair, mons lift and possibly Lipo if necessary.

I am very pleased with my doctor and the reviews on the Rate MD are amazing! I have met several people that I?ve had him also and the results are great.

Hard to believe that my surgery will be one week from Friday.

I am ready and can?t wait to cross over to the flat side.

Thank you

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

lexxiblue
on 2/21/21 5:47 am
RNY on 01/11/12

Hey Rose

well it's 2 days after your surgery.. too early to tell if you're "happy" or not! i had a full abdominalplasty as well as a mons lift and LOVE LOVE LOVE it.. i was 2 years out and "finished" with my weight loss (are you ever finished) but was down to a very happy weight for me!

i had an amazing surgeon, Michael Kreidstein out of Scarborough and I now have an awesome smiley face from one end of my hips to the other.. doesn't bother me tho. I have a numbness in the groin area, but the doc told me i would.. no biggie. i also got a new belly button much to my surprise! i think that's just for asthetic reasons.. cuz what does a belly button really do.. think it would look weird without one. i was a lucky one i guess, i only took 2 weeks off work but i do have a desk job, no one even knew i had had surgery... i could still walk etc. and .. i left the hospital with a script for oxycotin and tylenol 3's; filled them but never needed them.. but we are all different!

with lovely covid i put on some weight, yep, not gonna lie and it landed in / on my midriff so i have a bit of a muffin top which i had asked the doc about and he just smiled! if that's what i have to put up with so be it.. but i'm back at the gym and back on track so i'm sure in time that will dissolve too!

i wore a binder for 6 weeks after surgery.. that was my choice tho, after 2 weeks the doc said i didn't have to wear it but i felt more comfortable and all tucked in. paranoid maybe?? but didn't hurt either!

the doc had also suggested a cream for the scar so it wouldn't appear thick... but i didn't bother with that. and .. the scar didn't seem to "thicken up".

i would never had believed what could be done if i hadn't had it done myself.. amazing work!!

good luck to you!!

BluIzGal
on 2/23/21 2:01 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

Which surgeon did you go with?

patricia

Mahalo F.
on 4/24/21 11:06 am

Dr. Ronnie Borsuk

Ottawa

Operates out of Winchester Hospital

He did an amazing job.

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

elisabeth1968
on 5/18/21 8:01 pm - toronto, Canada

Congratulations I'm sorry I just read your post as I am not on the site too often any more. I had my RNY 5 years ago and a Pani 2 years ago.
I hope that you are healing and doing well. You will feel amazing.

Most Active
Recent Topics