wake up! its tuesday-whats new????

Laureen S.
on 4/19/11 6:12 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Grammy,

Glad to hear your news, that is something I am sure you and your family are celebrating!  Also happy to read that the little boy is in a hospital and not killed.

Have a wonderful day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Connie D.
on 4/19/11 7:34 am
Grammylew....congratulations on the wonderful news.... I am so happy for you!!! YAY...CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs...connie d
Judy G.
on 4/19/11 8:05 am - Galion, OH

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo happy for you!!!!!! (((Grammylew))) Doing happy dance right now!!!! Congrats!!!! :-)

HUGS

Monica B.
on 4/18/11 10:52 pm - Emery, SD

Sober 168 days and so proud of me.
RV resort Wi-Fi went down all afternoon and I was a crazed women but let it go.
I couponed yesterday for a little while and made a list of where sales are for the things we needed that I had coupons for.
Lovely day yesterday and will ditto today. Carla and Carl coming by to hang out with us at pool.
Excited @ that.
Hubby won 2 cribbage games with huge leads, I will get him back today.
Texas brisket delicious, house not getting heated up with cooking priceless.
Getting ready for our 1st Yoda excursion this morning. Look out squirrels and lizards, Master Yoda is on the hunt. We put in a long rope run for Yoda. The new RV site is off main road and very deep. He is learning how to untangle himself. The run area is mostly clear of hang up for him, but the trees and electricaly and water hooks do get in the way. He loves to be out there with us sitting at the table. But he is a pooped 4 yr old after 2 days of this. The squirrel and lizard activity keeps him from taking his naps. He just won't sleep, he lies down and watches then chases them up trees or under things.
Finding the balance for him will happen. He also loves the little golf cart rides.
Prayers to all, thankfully the storms are gone. Too much pain from them.
Glad Bev is home, sorry you got sick on vacation.
Safe passage to Judy and may her visit with her Mom be loving, tender, and soul soothing for them both.

poegirl100
on 4/19/11 1:09 am - Cibolo, TX
Woo hoo for 168 days!!! 

Vickie

Vickie 

poegirl100
on 4/19/11 1:08 am - Cibolo, TX
Good morning, my OFF family!

Well, believe it or not, DH and I are back home from Houston and MDAnderson already!  Instead of staying 5 days, we only stayed 5 hours.  The doctor at MDA agreed 100% with our local doctor here in Nacogdoches about the best treatment plan for DH's recurring prostate cancer.  (We knew our local doctor was very good, but you just feel like you have to go get a second opinion.)

So the MDA doc didn't even order any new tests.  Said all the tests DH already had here at our hospital were the correct ones and there was no need to go through another battery of tests this soon.  All they did was draw a little blood!

Anyway, hubby and I ate lunch, packed up our stuff, and left H-town for home by mid-afternoon.  It sure was nice to sleep in our own bed last night!  Thank you for all your prayers and support.  We now feel good about the proposed treatment plan.  It's not a "cure" but it is a management plan that will allow hubby to live with his cancer, hopefully for years and years.  He is under orders to eat better and to exercise more--well, fancy that!  So am I!  Maybe we can do it together!!! 

And, btw, I left a pound in Houston!  Down one more!

Vickie

Vickie 

Monica B.
on 4/19/11 10:20 am - Emery, SD
Hurrah for you both. Always nice to know that the foundation of testing done at home is well planned and that the local doctor can do what needs to be done. Always better closer to home, bed, and familiar grounds. We will continue to remember you both in our morning prayers. We hope the rest of his visit with you is wonderful.
Houston can use that extra pound. Proud of you Vickie.....you follow the rules and you win by losing.

Nancy H.
on 4/19/11 1:29 am - Traverse City, MI
Well we are back from Indy. All in all it was a good trip, we got my sons stuff in storage. I guess he is leaving Easter Sunday. Two weeks in New Jersey & then off to the middle east.
I am still not happy, but he is an adult & has to make his own decisions.Not much else going on. We are still trying to figure out how to get his kids home for the summer. They hate Texas.
 Well need to finish unpacking & run to town. Have a wonderful day all!!!!
Nan
Judy G.
on 4/19/11 8:16 am - Galion, OH
(((Nancy)))

Nancy H.
on 4/19/11 8:19 am - Traverse City, MI
Thank you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 400 views
Happy New Year, Friends!