Saturday - A Wonderful Day for

lightswitch
on 6/25/16 2:14 pm

Trish,

Don't stay away...the board is here to help us get our head on straight...sugar is one of those things that we all have addictions to. I am thankful it makes me so sick but if ever there comes a time when it doesn't, holy crap....I will be in serious trouble. A while back, I became quiet attached to juice popsicles....all that delicious fructose in a frozen stick and while they only had like 40 calories, I would eat the entire box.....at one sitting and sometimes make myself sick in the process. When I finally said, enough, those first few days were hell. I couldn't even walk through the freezer section of the grocery store.  I still struggle with fighting buying that box of frozen juice pops.  When you are ready to give it up, you will do it. Look at where the most sugar comes from and start there and after a few weeks of none of that particular piece of food, pick another to add to the list of they are totally gone. Remember, it takes about 20 times of not succumbing to break the habit. Twenty times of me going to the grocery store and not buying the box of popsicles.....You can do this and you will do this....I am confident in your willpower.  

seasheleyes
on 6/25/16 3:06 pm - Manteca, CA

You go girl! You've got this! I have the sugar addiction too. I am better off limiting it rather than trying to wean totally off in my mind. Otherwise I beat myself up way too much and that is so counter productive! 

Julia

mermaidoz
on 6/25/16 2:05 pm - Canada

Thanks All for posting your daily food intake, always surprised at by how little you all eat.

Have to get back to my mantra "do I really want to eat this, do I NEED it or can I just drink water and forget my craving?".

Today my Brunch was G.Foreman grilled frozen tiny chicken breast and a salad, only fat was the olive oil I used with white Balsamic vinegar.

Tonight will be ditto but with a glass of icy white dry vino...it is Saturday after all! And an orange for dessert.

lightswitch
on 6/25/16 2:21 pm

I really noticed my food portion size begin to decrease when I cut out meat. I really struggle with keeping my portions small. After surgery, I began eating in a baby plate or coffee saucer and still use one to this day. When we go out to eat, I take my portion out of my plate and immediately put the rest in a doggie bag. These strategies work for me and they have helped keep my portion control down...but I can eat an entire sleeve of crackers so I just don't buy those kinds of foods.  Chips are another thing that I can eat a lot of, so I don't buy them.  You seem to be doing good in your portions too.  Drinking water is a good strategy and I do that too.  If I get hungry, the first thing I do is slug some water and it does help. 

mermaidoz
on 6/25/16 2:35 pm, edited 6/25/16 7:36 am - Canada

After my food intolerance and sensitivity test, found meat and fish protein not on the difficult listt, so all meats  and white fish on my ok list of foods. Am so much better if stick first to meat/fish protein, then veg and then fruit. Anything like lentils and beans are on my high intolerance list.

So am sticking with what is OK for my poor IBS and DIVERTICULITIS afflicted gut.

Good luck with your non meat protein diet, unfortunately not good for me.

jen

yvonnef1964
on 6/25/16 2:23 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi ladies,

I'm not up to much today. Trying to read some of my magazines. I'm eating the same as yesterday.

Linds sorry for your loss.

Everyone have a good evening.

Yvonne

Nancy B
on 6/25/16 2:24 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Good afternoon, everyone!

I've been crazy busy getting artwork done as JB and I are going on a road trip again to visit my Mom's family in Quebec, and the Ottawa River Valley, as well as attending a cousin's 70th Wedding Anniversary/ family reunion!

I have two more colouring books ready to release and working on several more as well as doing illustrations for a children's book, part of therapy for kids with issues like ADHD, eating disorders, self esteem issues and more. Part of the illustrations are now completed....the rest will be finished when we get back.

Planning what to pack is fun...most of my summer clothes from last year are now too big...not complaining at all, in fact, rather excited about it but that does restrict my packing...lolol...I will somehow manage. And the relatives that we are seeing have not seen me since I lost 40 pounds. Everyone there (huge Irish/French families) always ready to feed us but they do respect it when I say, "thank you...it is all so delicious but my adjusted stomach simply cannot hold anymore"..I drink tea or water when they drink wine and I am quite comfortable with that.

One of my cousins has promised to take us fishing on his houseboat on the river...he says it is just a step off the dock onto the boat...no steps/stairs and very safe and easy for me..and even the bathroom is accessible for me...I was always afraid to try these things for fear I'd capsize the boat or couldn't fit into the bathroom. I miss out on so much out of FEAR and feeling ASHAMED of my body. But being able to buy clothes off the rack is now such a treat. Even my Secret Sister (sorority) bought me a stunning purple glitzy shawl for Christmas and now a lovely white silk shawl (with shades of blues & navy & black fringes) and they both FIT!  I am totally amazed that someone would actually buy me a piece of clothing and it FITS!! Thank goodness she has such good taste in clothes too. *s*

Sincere condolences to those who are losing loved ones...yes, I, too, am seeing this happen a lot more...likely because I am "of an age (68)" and so life moves forward. I just realized yesterday that my hubby is 72, the same age that my Dad was when he died. I felt a momentary panic but calmed myself knowing that Dad had medical issues and hubby, who just stripped off his clothes for me to add to my washing, just did a jig in front of me, stark naked...OMG...just to show that he is not ready to drop dead on me yet....lolol. I have to say how I envy those who are THAT comfortable in their own skin....an issue that I will always struggle with, I guess.

Breakfast : hot chocolate protein drink

Snack: a small bowl of low fat cottage cheese with crushed pineapple

Lunch: vegetable soup with extra greens and a few cubes of leftover BBQ steak for protein

Snack:  fresh pineapple

Dinner:  baked Dutch Croquettes (shredded beef) and greens

Bedtime Snack:  vegetable soup

LOTS of water.....I carry a water bottle with me to every room.

Enjoy your weekend and be safe!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
seasheleyes
on 6/25/16 3:18 pm - Manteca, CA

Hi Laureen,

I am glad that you are starting to use the exercise room that is available at work...what a great perk for the staff! 

There isn't much new in my life. I'm stumbling along... Making good choices and bad choices, trying to keep the scale more on the good choice side. 

Today I went to get a few more veggies to make the zucchini dish that Jeannie told me about yesterday. We will be having that with half of a Porkchop for dinner. I also bought a watermelon and strawberries. Lunch was a turkey wrap and breakfast my protein drink. I do cheat sometimes so what I plan to eat and my total consumption are not always equal or true. This is my plan, but I am definitely a human with lots of desires that aren't always healthy. I try to be gentle with myself. I am definitely doing better now than I was a year ago with my food choices. You are all helping! Thank you!

Julia

lightswitch
on 6/26/16 7:39 am

Julia, 

How did your squash dish turn out?  I had some yellow squash that were getting close to being too ripe so I went ahead and roasted them in the oven....I stuffed them with a little cheese, bread crumbs, and mushrooms.  They are pretty good by themselves but when I stuff them, they are so good. 

Eileen Briesch
on 6/25/16 8:59 pm - Evansville, IN

Hi Laureen and my OFF family:

Good to hear about everyone. I'm at work, nearing the end of my work day. I've been here since 2:30 p.m., and there's just a few things left to finish up. I'm tired but my body isn't hurting too much; the neurostim has proven effective (I had a moment today when my left side of the back was hurting, turned on the stim and a few minutes later, no pain; drug-free relief. I love it.). 

I'm a short-timer here. I haven't counted the weeks, but it's about six maybe. I'm getting sick of something of crap so I'm looking forward to the end. I don't know what I'll do when it's all over but I know I will be happier than I am now. 

Well, got to finish those last few pages. Have a good Sunday.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 394 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!