Panniculectomy Approved

thetexgal
on 10/24/11 4:48 am - Fort Worth, TX
He is doing a panniculectomy with some abdominalplasty. He said I would have to have abdominalsplasty to have better results. I know I won't come out looking like a barbie doll as I have extra weight. I just need to get the panniculectomy done so I can continue on my weight loss and working out journey. My panninus got considerably worse after my c-section last August. So, I am looking forward to this surgery taking away some real issues!

Traci
RoylynnW
on 10/28/11 12:34 am - Bryan, TX
VSG on 06/05/08 with
Great News I'm so happy for you. i had mine done seven years ago and the Dr removed 30lbs of skin now i wear my shirts tucked in and love it. i have a sleeve and now need a TT which is soon. You will be fine and glad you did it.  Bless You and keep us updated..... Roy In Aggieland
thetexgal
on 10/28/11 1:39 am - Fort Worth, TX

Thanks, Roy! By the way I graduated from UT - so I am a Longhorn :) Just a funny thing seeing Aggieland!

So, you had a panniculectomy before you had WLS? Congrats on weight loss and now needing a TT! I can't even imagine what I will look like after the panniculectomy! I guess I haven't' really set up an expectation in my head so that I won't be disappointed if I don't look the way I invisioned!

Traci

horkeler1
on 11/2/11 4:10 pm - Windsor, CO
hey so how did you get your insurace to pay for your panni?Im sending off my first appeal tomorrow,with my own pictures and all documentation from surgeon,pcp,and a letter from me oh and dr visits proving I was seen for rashes and the meds they prescribed...will see.
thetexgal
on 11/2/11 10:44 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I guess I don't really have the answer. I had been seeing/talking to my PCP about it for a while. I get infections and she has documented them. Also, I have had a lot of back pain. I see a chiropractor as my hip has been having issues from the hanging down issues.

I went to plastric surgeon with al list of all my complaints (stomach gets in way of working out, sitting, etc). He wrote the request for surgery and sent pictures, they sent a copy of a letter from my physician, and a letter from my chiropractor. That was it.

Best of luck to you! I think all documentation and proof and how your quality of life is impacted.

Tracu
Most Active