Which one first???

proudauntie
on 12/2/11 10:30 am - Honolulu, HI

I've had both and I would definitely do the TT first.

quietcutie
on 12/2/11 11:27 am
I am having both done at different times, my doctor told me to get the TT first.  Because it will pull your boobs down, and they may not quite right.  Good luck with your surgery.

Crazeru
on 12/3/11 4:12 am
I did the LBL, BL, arms and medial thigh lift at the same time with Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico.  Love my new body.  His surgeries go long and he uses an epidural.  It made recovery so much better.  You can get to his group here on OH by clicking on Dr Sauceda in my siggy line.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Michelle E.
on 12/4/11 12:14 am
I had the very same question.. I decided on the TT 1st, next summer I am doing the boobs..

I chose to do one surgery at a time.. in my mind .. my body only has to focus on healing one part of the body at a time..I think less complications less chance of having multiple infections and.. I figure.. I will give my TT time to settle before getting the boobs done..

I chose not to do the LBL cause of the inability to get everything tight at the same time and tearing open stitches plus my PS prefers with his RNY patients due the stretched out  skin to not do the LBL.

I know having multiple surgeries is risky either way ..whether you break it up in multiple surgeries or if you do it all at once..

I remember my C-section pain.. I think my TT will probably be similar in pain, I couldnt imagine something else hurting on my body after I had my son..

Besides, if I did my boobs first my husband probably would get off of me long enough to get my TT done
Linda R.
on 12/4/11 10:47 am - Ottawa, Canada
 Hi, I agree with some of the other posters.  I would get the two procedures done at the same time.  I had my tummy tuck and breast lift in September and everything went really well.  it is cheaper to do them together, so that is something you might want to consider.

Good luck with your decision and wishing you all the best in whatever you decide.

Take care...Linda

Weight:  Highest 332, Consult 303, Surgery 288, Current 162, Goal 152 - I LOVE MY VSG!!
VSG - 29 Jul 2008.  Tummy Tuck & Breast Lift - Sep 2011, Arm Lift - Nov 2012 (Dr. H. Silverman, Ottawa)

Suite1
on 12/4/11 10:52 am - Dayton, OH
Glad I found this.  I just had my consult on Thursday and I'll likely do everything at once - boobs, lower body lift and tummy tuck.  He told me I'm almost all excess skin so it should be an easier recovery as there won't be much muscle or fat involved.   He told me to plan on 3 weeks to recover, although 2 weeks is more likely to be the case.   He'd rather have me plan on 3 and only need 2 than to plan on 2 and need 3.

I'm going to hold off until late Feb.  My hubby & I are doing a dream trip to Tahiti in mid Feb.  I thought about having the surgery in early January thinking I'd have 6 weeks until we headed out, but if there were any type of complication, infection or if I'm still dealing with swelling and we had to cancel the trip, he might just kill me.  So this way, we'll do the trip and then I'll come back and do the surgery.

So, anyone have any words of wisdom for me?
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

Laura in Texas
on 12/4/11 11:08 am
Wow. Good luck with the whole 2 weeks recovery thing. I needed all of the seven weeks I took and mine was all skin, too.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Suite1
on 12/4/11 12:08 pm - Dayton, OH
Yikes!   Seriously?   Can you tell me what your experience was like?  I'm just starting this process and feel like other than getting good referrals for the particular surgeon, I'm flying blind right now.
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

Iam_with_the_Band
on 12/4/11 2:01 pm, edited 12/4/11 2:01 am
I agree with you Laura, I needed my 11 weeks off for recovery, but I also had my thighs done at the same time. 2 weeks would be really pushing it, I think. Some of us still had drains and stitches in at 2 weeks out.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

kates_mom
on 12/5/11 11:25 pm - Wentzville, MO
I am scheduled on Jan 19, 2012 to have my Tummy tuck, butt lift and thigh lift at the same time.  My surgeon recommended to do this first then after recovered from that, then go in for the arms and breast lift.
Most Active