What is the name of the RNY to DS surgeon?

Linda_S
on 12/18/12 10:29 am - Eugene, OR

Thanks - I will google Victoza - I've not heard of that.  Stop eating sweets?  My diet consist of mostly salad and protein.  I don't even use artificial sweeteners because my brain thinks it's sugar.  My doctor told me he'd have to talk with my family because I couldn't possibly understand how complicated this was.  HELLO?  I don't think he can possibly understand how horrible it is to get violently sick from eating just a smidgen of carbs that has a tiny too much sugar.  I'm sick and tired of being sick and so tired that I sleep nearly half the day away.  Thanks for the info!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

vbruce5366
on 12/18/12 11:02 pm - MS

I have been on Victozia for about two years my Endo has about 4 of us with severe RH/Neuroglycopenia. When you google it you will see that many diabetics take it to control there sugars but in our case the side effects of the injection is what we are looking for.As it stops gastric process and slows our gut down thus stopping dumping symptoms in theory. But nothing it perfect and I dump on everything and have been looking to have revision for over a year now with no help from previous surgeon or any local ones.  You actually have me thinking about artificial sweeteners I am going to cut back on my sugar free items and see of they help with my symptoms...please keep in contact if you find anything that helps and I will do as well!!!

MsBatt
on 12/20/12 5:22 am

Please---do a LOT of research before you go to Dr. Clark Warden for a revision. Hopefully he's a better surgeon than he used to be.

vbruce5366
on 12/21/12 2:06 am - MS

tell me your experience? from what I see on here he had a few complaints but majority is okay.. What made you post this?

MsBatt
on 12/21/12 4:32 am

I don't have any personal experience with Dr. Warden at all. However, a few years (4-5?) back, we had a rash of posters on here who had some really bad complications. Some of them were newly post-op, but others wre 2-3 years out and only just then finding out that their DS wasn't...I guess 'standard' would be the best word.

As I said, he may be a much better surgeon NOW---but I'd certainly want to do some in-depth research before I used him myself. I posted this because I've been reading and posting here for many years now, and I don't want to see anyone suffer from not doing enough research before choosing a surgeon.

Most Active