Band to RNY with multiple hernia repair? Scheduled!!

dani_g
on 4/7/14 2:13 pm - HI

Great idea.  Thanks.  I got my shakes, snack food allowed and just need to pick up a few fresh ideas for my liver diet.  I'm sure homemade is best.  I am not a very good cook myself.  My idea of a home cooked chicken would be a warm Costco chicken.  LOL!  I've been sorting my clothes into guessable sizes in rubbermaid containers to 'discover' later.  I'm so glad it is almost over being this size because I am wearing out my one pair of Jeans that fit right now.  I refuse to buy a 2nd pair!  I have Jeans in all sizes down to 10 I think.  Crazy but true.  I used to have then down to size 2 but donated them!  Good bye!  If I get smaller than 10 (which I hope to) I think I deserve new clothes!  Yay!  My Mom promised me a few years back to buy me new clothes after I lost weight and I've refused to go shopping until I got smaller.  Off to the grocery store in a few.....we are on our way!!!

Aloha, Dani 

sandrafoti
on 4/7/14 1:27 am

i could've written this post.  I'm having a repeat UGI tomorrow and I pray that my diliation has gone done.  My band has to come out and I'm revising to the bypass.  I've been happy with it, but the past year has been hell and I want it out.  I wonder if there will be a class action lawsuit or some other such thing.  I'm supposed to have surgery on 4/14.  it's possible that if my dilatation is not better, they can postpone my surgery.  I've been so preoccupied with this.  Afraid of the bypass but I hear that life and eating will actually be easier for those of us who have su ffered with the band.

dani_g
on 4/7/14 6:26 am - HI

Your last sentence is what I am also preoccupied with!  I hope they are right!  Hang in there!  Good luck to you!

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/14 10:14 am - Smiths Station, AL

I am scheduled for the sleeve on may 21st. I think I would really like the bypass, but I am so afraid.

dani_g
on 4/7/14 2:22 pm - HI

I think we are all afraid and we would be crazy not to be.  My Aunty did great with her sleeve and is so happy!  I talked to her today.  She lost a lot of weight and totally loves working out now.  She says she never feels hungry and is satisfied with small amounts.  Did I mention she is a cook for her own breakfast restaurant and 60!  Stay positive, we can get through this!  I wanted the sleeve initial before I was banded but it wasn't covered by my insurance.  This time I decided on the bypass based on track record of how much weight which procedure possibly can help me with.  I think the statistics say slightly more from bypass but it obviously depends on the individual. My Aunty lost way more than the given % for the sleeve.  Just comes down to a personal choice.  Take care!

Aloha, Dani 

Pen1006
on 4/6/14 12:20 pm
Most Active
Recent Topics