Band to GB

TracyK
on 12/31/15 7:22 am - FL

Thank you for your reply.  Your journey sounds quite a bit like mine.  I have scheduled the bypass for 16 Feb.  I am worried a small bit about the recovery.  I was told the return to work should be about 2 - 3 weeks.  I know I had a Tummy Tuck and after one week I was walking around the Christmas Markets.  I didn't pu**** took my time, and healed quite quickly.  I will do the same with this procedure as well. 

Unfortunately, my band was not working for over a year and then had the slip.  I started at 230 lost down to 145, then with all the band issues and removal I am now up to 190!  :(  I track all my food on MyFitnessPal and workout on the elliptical for 1 hour 3 days a week.  Still both the scale and myself are crying when I step up on it. 

I am being reminded daily of why the surgery was so important.  Since I gained these 45+ pounds my back, feet, and knees are killing me.  I am excited about taking this journey again.  I would be quite happy not having to throw up, I had this with so many different foods.  How are the feelings now when you are full?  Is it the same as with the band?  I could tell so easily if there was one more bite I would be in trouble.  Is it the same full feeling?  I am sure I will have more question as time goes on.  I appreciate your input.

Happy Holidays and wish you a great 2016!

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

Hilarious
on 1/1/16 3:57 pm - Coram, NY

It's really hard to tell what full is because I'm rarely hungry. I have to watch a clock to make sure I can get in between 1,000-1,200 calories per day with 60-80 grams of protein. I weight most everything I eat because the pouch should only hold 4 ounces at this time and I try not to eat past that amount. it works well because I'm not hungry. I also stay away from sugar and high fat food, but really everything I'm doing is just following the rules, which with your band success, you will do too.

So far I haven't found myself feeling sick, have had no food intolerances, and no dumping syndrome symptoms that I can tell. It really is a different feeling from the band, and maybe better if I really think about it.

I think you're going to like the bypass and will be successful. Just a word of caution, after three weeks post-op, my weight loss stopped and then even went up 4 pounds! It didn't budge for a month. It was a really horrible time for me but I've read that happens a lot and is normal. The scale has been kind to me once I got back into my regular exercise routine (was only allowed to walk for the first 4 weeks post-op). Other than that, it's been good!

TracyK
on 1/3/16 8:20 pm - FL

That is good to hear.  Since I have had my band out I am feeling like I can never feel full.  I am missing the bands helping me time out my food and live life instead of always wondering about how to kill the hunger.  I am trying to get in more protein as all to get ready for the surgery.  I always thought I was a non protein eater but then after the band was removed I realized it was the band keeping me from eating it.  

I am glad you are doing so well.  Thank you for your help, it is squashing my fears about this next step.  I will try not to get too worried if I happen to follow the same weight loss stoppage either.  If you don't mind I would like to keep in touch after the surgery too?

Thank you,

Tracy

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

Most Active
Recent Topics