Tisipoohbear
on 10/16/17 3:57 pm - Richmond, VA

Advance Surgical Partners Of Virginia

Dr. Bregman

RHONDA

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/17 3:40 pm
Revision on 01/27/18

I know you posted this a while back...but you sound like me! I'm scheduled for revision on Jan 26...tighten pouch and stoma (if needed...again) and bypass more intestine. I'm going to Mexico, where the surgeon says the US makes pouches too big, especially back in 2004 when I had it done. I guess we'll see...it can't be any less successful than what I'm doing now.

Tisipoohbear
on 10/16/17 3:56 pm - Richmond, VA

When I go back for my consultation I will post all of what he tells me. Check out their website it's very informative.

RHONDA

two4two
on 10/20/17 6:56 am
Revision on 11/20/17

I am scheduled for Nov 20 for a RNY to DS, my doctor in Utah said it would be the most effective for me, and for long term. It is a difficult surgery and I am finding and reading only a handful of doctors will do it. I have my RNY in 1999, kept the weight off for 16 years even after having two children. Just in the last two years, i have gained weight. I feeling like a failure, but with the explanation from my doctor, I feel better. I have read and been told by a lot of doctors and people that the DS is really the best way to see results, but that it does come with a serious commitment of life long vitamins. Apparently, the sleeve is just the first part of the surgery, for the DS, but people were doing so well with just the sleeve, that they did not have to do the DS, they used the DS high risk cases back in the day. I have read a lot from people in Dallas that has had the DS, I am self pay, do i am not sure how insurance works on this issue.

PinkCake
on 10/31/17 3:06 pm

Who is your surgeon in Utah? If you dont mind me asking?

two4two
on 11/1/17 9:37 am
Revision on 11/20/17

I have decided to go with Dr Cottam, Dr Mckinley and Dr Simper also will do the surgery. I had my first surgery by Dr Smith, who has since passed. Dr Simper and Mckinley are both out of his office. Some will say Cottam has bad bed side manners, he is really just straight to the point no BS, will tell you what he can and cant do and will tell you exactly what you can expect in weight loss. I deciede on Cottam because i do not like the hospital that the others work out of, i have had other complications there. I have had a few doctors say if they would if they were going to have it done, they would choose Dr Cottam and or Dr McKinley.

PinkCake
on 11/1/17 10:16 am

Thank you I have heard Dr. Cottom is "gruf" but if he can do what I want him to do then knowing that going in I can deal with it! I have a call scheduled to talk with him and I am also looking at Dr Ayoola in Texas. I am in AZ so I will have to travel no matter where I go. Are you in UT?

Did Dr Cottom do the traditional DS or a version of it? I am only interested in the traditional DS for the long term results have been proven other procedures are still experimental!

Please keep us updated! I am going to PM you!

two4two
on 11/1/17 10:24 am
Revision on 11/20/17

yes, i am in Utah and if you decide on Utah let me know and i will come visit you if you would like. If you are coming alone i can go to the hospital with you if you would like. I have been on a lot of sites, and I have heard Dr Ayoola is really good as well. My daughter has her sleeve on the 9th with cottam I will let you know how that goes. He said he was doing the traditional version. I asked that but not knowing what the others are I am not sure

PinkCake
on 11/1/17 2:24 pm

I sent you a message here with my email address! Would love to connect with you!

Wydove
on 11/5/18 6:52 pm - Rawlins, WY

I am looking to have RNY to DS conversion. I had a consultation for November 8 with DR. macLinlay. but had to cancel due to my stepson sudden death. Now I can't get in till Dec 27 2018!!!!!

any way, did you have to RNY to DS? And how are you doing.

Most Active