Revision surgery in Mexico

sleeved524
on 12/27/19 1:18 pm
RNY on 01/30/20 with

hi all

today i literally had a meltdown when i passed the mirror..

long story short 2005 lapband lost 70 lbs

2015 sleeved lost only 25 lbs

and gained it all back plus a few more..

considering a resleeve or bypass.. im afraid i will lose to much on bypass. im 5'9 and weigh 240 and bmi 35.9. my goal weight is to be 180 im 51 years young.

is there anyone with this experience and what did you do?

i made appt to start this process again on january 6. 2020

Help!

KayLavonne
on 12/9/19 1:02 pm

I have looked into and spoke with Pompeii.... Any other hospitals or centers in Mexico that anyone would recommend?

hollykim
on 12/15/19 12:58 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 9, 2019 at 9:02 PM Pacific Time, KayLavonne wrote:

I have looked into and spoke with Pompeii.... Any other hospitals or centers in Mexico that anyone would recommend?

I have had 3 surgeries plus a huge amount of reconstruction.

after using three different wls groups the only one I now recommend is Mexicali Bariatrics.

I would not use Dr Pompa as she is known to make hours glass shaped sleeves and that leAds to problems down the road.

jmeyers74
on 2/12/20 9:18 am
VSG on 03/05/14

I JUST scheduled for a sleeve-to-RNY for May 15th with Dr Carlos Altamirano. Besides the fact that he is personal friends with a local physician here in Tulsa, he did a video call consultation with me within 24 hours of my reaching out. His aftercare is outlined extremely well for post-op with your physician at home, and he is the opitome of health and wellness, himself. He is very engaging and encouraging. Choosing a surgeon is such a personal thing, so knowing that he is held in very high regard by OTHER surgeons that I know holds a lot of clout with me! ?? Good luck, no matter who you choose! Btw, Dr Altamirano has a big presence on Facebook if you'd like to check him out!

KayLavonne
on 2/13/20 8:19 pm

Congrats! And will do!!!

MarinaGirl
on 12/14/19 1:39 pm, edited 12/14/19 5:44 am

I would only go with Mexicali Bariatric Center for VSG to RNY or VSG to DS (or virgin WLS). I wish I had my gastric bypass with them in 2017 instead of a doctor in Tijuana.

http://www.mexicalibariatric.com/

Edit: MBC link

ANGIEseibel
on 12/16/19 10:17 am

I am doing the same and Mexico makes me nervous so if you hear some really good feedback, please share. ?

MarinaGirl
on 12/17/19 9:50 pm

Read hollykim's post above. If you're considering Mexico, the best option is Mexicali Bariatric Center.

KayLavonne
on 12/18/19 9:42 am

Mexicali has still not given me any follow up about my inquiry almost 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard back at all!!! And what makes them the best option? Just asking... it concerns me that they havent emailed or called at all... would it be that way throughout the entire process?

velouria
on 12/27/19 6:53 am

That is concerning because they usually are VERY good at replying. I always spoke with Nina. Here is her email [email protected] or ninaeguiambc at gmail.com (incase links aren't allowed)

Best of luck to you...they really are the best!

Most Active