Have you had a revision? If so please discuss with me!

KayLavonne
on 1/21/20 2:10 pm

I am actually getting surgery in Mexico! My insurance did not cover it... I have gained my weight back so I want to lose like 150 lbs. I have heard the same... the revision is slow weight loss, if any. But it will help me with the heartburn which is half the battle! I am now 328...we got this. And although it will not be as easy as the first WLS, we can still make our goal. Im in a group and someone posted this

sleeved524
on 1/22/20 7:29 am
RNY on 01/30/20 with

@Kay

Love that Chart im in the first box. Its really encouraging i hope it is duable!!

Actually i do have a friend who got rny on september 25, 2019 and she is down 40. also in the first box range. but this is her first WLS ever..

Im on my 3rd

Did you do your first WLS in Mexico too??

What State are you living in?

I was one day away from going to Mexico for my sleeve when i decided to appeal my insurances decision and got approved after 3 days..cancelled my flight!

KayLavonne
on 1/22/20 9:54 am

My insurance has a strict exclusion for bariatric procedures. i appealed 3 times, and then took it to the state for the appeals. denied every time. I am in Missouri. My first surgery was on Medicaid in Illinois... I no longer qualify for Medicaid and no longer live in that state. And the picture is for WLS period... no matter how many surgeries you have had.. or so I was told.

sleeved524
on 1/23/20 7:48 am
RNY on 01/30/20 with

Hi Kay, im still learning this website again. i repeated question in another forum and you answered but i ask the same question than found your answer on another forum lol just bare with me. lol..

i understand now about the insurance now..

So your having surgery in March are you all set up..

who are you going to in mexico??

KayLavonne
on 1/23/20 10:54 am

I'm going with Pompeii... Mainly because 2 of my friends went there and they absolutely loved it! And I will also be recovering in their beach house! I'm so excited.

sleeved524
on 1/23/20 4:18 pm
RNY on 01/30/20 with

@Kay

That is great to go to someone highly recommended and people close to you referred you that 100%

So Im sure your very comfortable and never stop asking questions!

Good Luck!

arease M.
on 1/25/20 5:01 am - FL

Hello, I had a revision on 1/16/2020. Just to give a little background information, I had RYN 2008 weighing 256 pounds. I got down to 183 pounds and stayed there for about 7 years. I slowly started gaining the weight back in 2015. So in 2016 I had the lap band over bypass surgery. That was the worse decision ever. I had complications left and right. I started going to a weight loss surgery clinic And the doctors there told me that they would remove the band and do a revision to the original RYN. I had to start the nutrition phase over again and see a psychiatrist several times. I met all the requirements and My insurance approved the revision. At the time of surgery I was 218 pounds and exactly one week later I am 205 pounds. I'm still on liquids though. My surgery was Thursday and I went back to work the following Tuesday. It's going good so far. No complications so far. My first post op appointment is Friday 1/31. I looking forward to it.

KayLavonne
on 1/26/20 7:35 am

Wow! Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate it! And I know you are going to be successful!!!

sleeved524
on 1/29/20 11:45 am
RNY on 01/30/20 with

This sounds so encouraging arease M..

Thanks for sharing...

Please post your progress on the 31st after your visit.. i have surgery tomorrow revision from sleeve to r n y.. i hope i can go back to work by tuesday also although i took off the whole week next week..

congratualtions!

icej2003
on 1/12/21 12:37 pm - Belleville, IL
RNY on 08/03/16

If you don't mind me asking where did you have your first surgery Donetsk what insurance....I live in Illinois but went through Washington university and currently in the process of getting a revision or DS...I have an appointment for surfer on in April

Most Active