possible link between brand of protein powder and hair loss?

MultiMom
on 4/15/11 11:50 pm - NH
For what it's worth, I have always used the Syntrax Nectars and had no hair loss after RNY, 2 plastic surgeries or gallbladder removal. I just counted myself as one of the lucky ones....maybe it was protein related

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Lady Lithia
on 4/16/11 1:20 am
I've always used syntrax brand too, and sadly, even though I was one of the ones able to get 70+ grams in per day from three days out of surgery onward, I still lost hair like crazy, and lately have been losing hair like crazy! But I was very ill earlier in the year, and just when the hair loss from that would have subsided, hair loss from another really bad illness might have started up, and when that subsides, there's my latest surgery.... I'm gonna be BALD! 

(not really, I have scads of volume, or did)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

altheda71
on 4/16/11 2:02 am - Bear, DE
 Well, Ladies, I recall only using Unjury unflavored for the first 6 months and I had NO HAIR LOSS.  By the time it was eight months out I realized that I had skipped the dreadded hairloss phase.  I switched proteins soon after that to a 100% Whey Protein Isolate by NOW and I still have had no problems with hair or protein absorption.  My protein levels are low because I stopped doing my daily intake of at least 1-2 shakes per day.  I never did the flavored proteins....only unflavored with a SF drink mix.  The SF drink is what I'm trying to avoid, so I've got to figure out how to mix the unflavored protein into a whole food product so that I can get off the friggin Splenda.

May God bless us in all of our endeavors.  May He forgive us for our frailties and our vanities and bless us to be prosperous in health, soul, and in life.            
lk7777
on 4/16/11 2:40 am - Blue Springs, MO
just want to say thanks  got rny jan 17 this year, your tips have been so very helpful the last 6  mo. im a 65 yr old male and doing great
FleurDeLis
on 4/16/11 8:40 am
One of the medical journal articles mentioned it has something to do with a zinc deficiency, not biotin.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 456 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 524 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 509 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 394 views
Recent Topics