Four Years Later--- Your Mileage Will Likely Vary (with end result pics!)

M U.
on 4/18/11 4:08 am
OM freaking G.

Your body looks incredible. I would love to know who did your plastics and what you had done.

Your post is really inspiring right now. I'm in that realization stage. I am struggling to get to where I want to be and certainly concerned about staying there.

I needed this.
Jupiter6
on 4/18/11 4:22 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Plastics got rid of the skin, but the muscle and tone is really up to us. ( I did post more info on the plastics board.) When you're over 350 to start as we were, the extra skin can be really extraordinary and near impossible to live with. I got tired of kicking my gutflap all the time!

Weight loss is WAYYYY easier than weight maintenance. Enjoy the ride and prepare for the future!

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

KayCarr
on 4/18/11 4:44 am
Your body looks incredible.. I hope that I do as well .. My surgery is May 23...

Pulchritude
on 4/18/11 7:25 am - NY
Yeeaahhh!!! So is mine!!! Are you getting excited yet or are you a big fraidy cat like me???

And Jupiter, hun you look PHE-nomenal!!! And you are taking such excellent care of your body. I have had trouble finding conclusive stats regarding weight regain after WLS. So your assertion of "MOST gain the weight back" was very sad to hear. Are you speaking from experience as far as those in your circle??? Or can you point me to some stats??? And thanx in advance :).

Jupiter6
on 4/18/11 8:06 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Stats? Nah, just anecdotes. Every person I meet (including through the bariatric program)says "I know ____ had the surgery and gained it all back." To a person, NO ONE --except on here-- has said, "My cousin lost 200 pounds and kept it all off!" And as a teacher that's literally dozens of people. Some lost a lot and gained half, others regained it all, apparently. Like I say --Your Mileage May Vary--- just my experience. If you aren't willing to work your arse off, I wouldn't suggest an RNY-- the maintenance is work, no two ways about it.

This may actually indicate that online support like this might be a very good idea post op! People on here tend to do better than the people I meet in the street, for sure.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Amy R.
on 4/18/11 5:08 am
Thanks for posting this Shari. I remember when I was still pre-op and even early post-op you were on the boards quite a bit and your comments were always helpful. You look great! And taking the time to record how you did it for all of us was awesome.

So glad to see you are doing so well! It's quite an inspiration.
Jupiter6
on 4/18/11 8:21 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Thanks, Amy. I try to pay it back...I am just ridiculously busy anymore.

Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 

wynter57
on 4/18/11 5:51 am - Panama City, FL
Wow, what is so impressive is (besides everything) is that your plastics were awesome. Looking at the after pics, one would never guess you had ever been morbidly obese.

Where are all the scars as I can't see any in your pictures.

You look great!!

The only concern I have is that you don't seem thrilled about your awesome new body. I know it's hard work to maintain it, just wondering about the happiness level.

You say you liked your "fatter body". Is this the body in the before pics or somewhere in between?

Thanks for sharing with us.

Wynter
 VBG Surgery 4/17/1989 - Revision TO RNY 8/22/2011 - 4 Days Prior To Surgery WT: 309.5

Jupiter6
on 4/18/11 8:11 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
My scars are extensive but healed well and are well concealed. They go from my elbows up the inside of my arms, though my armpit, under both breasts and up the other side. Also around both areolae, but those are invisible at this point. Then from my sternum down to my pubic area, then left to right across my lower abdomen (note the conspicuously missing belly button!) Then on my backside, from hip to hip, wrapping around the sides, but this is concealed beneath my waistband.

I also have scars on both eyelids and in the hairline from the facial stuff, which I am not as pleased with, but I blame myself for not doing better homework. Live and learn!

My body's shape is not really something I value. I like rounder people. Fitness is good, though, and so is longevity. I almost dies on at least two accounts post op, and can't be thrilled about that part. The anemia and emergency surgeries really took a lot out of me.

I liked my body at full size. It was round and plump and kinda neat to me. Can't tell you why, just was.

Hope that helps!

Emergency Bowel Repair
12/08 

sherri7794
on 4/18/11 7:27 am
All I can say is WOW, your transformation is wonderful and inspiring.  Thank you for the words of wisdom too.  I am early out and still trying to make rules for myself to follow as my pouch gets larger so that I didn't have this surgery for nothing.  I love the energy I have now and I don't want to lose it ever again.
May I ask is Zumba the only exercise you do?  Do you lift any weights?

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 210 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 210 views