Roll call: those done losing but NOT in a single-digit size (re-post)

Amy Smith
on 5/8/11 10:22 am
Starting Weight 264
CUrrent Weight 151 (would like to get to 130) and continue to say that at my surgeon seminars during testimonials and he corrects me to continually make sure he know I have done very well.)
Size 10 - 12
What I am most proud of that makes me feel I have done well?  I enjoy working out and am able to run with my dog rather than drive a car while she runs to get her fit for agility! :-)
jkjstars123
on 5/8/11 11:01 am - Tama, IA
surgery weight was 291 with a BMI of 43
heaviest weight was 303
Height 5'9"
current weight 168 with a BMI 24.8 which is barely normal
Size of jeans 12's but could wear smaller if I didn't have all this loose skin (I have no butt and legs)
Shirt size large but I feel better in XL (still have big boobs or least long ones!)

Want to loose 10 pounds or so but would like to loose around 18. Been having trouble loosing and in fact gained 6 pounds. I exercise a lot but want to snack more esp at night and weekends.

Julie

HW 304, SW 291, GW 160, CW 140 H-5'9.5"            

ohioh
on 5/8/11 12:19 pm
RNY on 11/15/10 with
It looks like 10-14 is pretty standard!!!
6 months out..
SW  251  (270 highest, SW 251)
22-24 Pants, 2X-3X tops

174 Pounds
Currently  12 pants and XL/L tops

HW 270  SW 251   1st GW 170    CW 143       2nd GW 150
 1st GOAL REACHED  170  5/23/2011

2nd GOAL REACHED 150 8/8/2011
Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/8/11 12:30 pm - Baltimore, MD

Ok...before I post my stats...

Can we just stop a moment and...

reflect on how EFFING SEXY I AM!!!!

Yes, I'm conceited. I got a reason.

Mmmmkay....

This lusciousness is somewhere between a size 10-14 (depending on who made the frock.

The outfit you see above is as follows:

Jeans: size 10 (altho to be fair they are Wal-Mart 10's which would prolly be a 12 anywhere else)
Top: Large
Jacket: Medium (and would fit a hell of a lot better if I did not have bat wings)

I don't get so fazed about th size 6's and the size 0's anymore. I think it's cuz I remembered that I never WANTED to be that size. Before surgery I wrote in my diary that if I got to a size 16 I'd be happy as a clam. By those standards I far surpassed my goal.

Now that my weight is stabilized I had a dream for a minute about being a plus-sized model but a friend of mine who works for a plus-sized agency said my measurements were a tad SMALL for that. (Boo)

So there ya go. Too big to be Beyonce, too small to be a plus sized model, too sexy to shut about about being so damn sexy. What's a diva to do???

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/9/11 5:34 am - OH
Nik, daaaahling... you really MUST put out some DIY posts for those of us (ok, for ME... and everyone else can eavesdrop!), who are woefully out of touch with our inner divas.  Hell, even TONY -- currently MIA, even though I only live about 3 miles from him and ahve sent him TWO messages! -- is more in touch with his inner diva than I am! 

I love your confidence!  And, yes, you ROCK those jeans! 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/9/11 7:24 am - Baltimore, MD

Step One: Believe it
Step Two: Show it
Step Three: the world falls to their knees

:)

Seriously...there isn't any secret. Regardless of whether I fit industry standards of beauty I think I am beautiful. How could I not be? I come from two gorgeous people and I'm a thing that God made.

What most people DON'T give credence to is the fact that what other people think of you is 99.9% dictated by what you think of yourself. If you think and project that you are valuable others will agree (even if they don't like it). If you think and project that you are flawed, need work and are the thing sitting on the discount shelf of the store, grateful to even get a second look, that will come through too.

Confidence is just a choice among many choices we can make. Some of us are arrogant enough to make it. I can say it's a lot more fun than being humble any day ;)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Carrie W.
on 5/8/11 1:14 pm - KY
Thanks for posting this you guys!! My goal is a size 10. I haven't worn a 10 since 4th grade.

Congrats on the amazing results!
texashello
on 5/8/11 1:34 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Looking good ladies!

Highest weight 227, 200 day of surgery,  120 goal, at 109 now and still dropping
Stretch goal reached 7 months post op!   www.FollowMeWell.com
RNY 10.19.2010        
5'2" tall
katheek
on 5/8/11 1:42 pm - Cosmopolis, WA
Absolutely wonderful post and sharing.  I have never been about reaching a size 6-8-10 but am pretty confident that the RNY Tool will work for me and I should see oh maybe a 12-14.  I know it is possible by all the folks who share on this site.  Yes, follow the rules your surgeon gave you, exercise, take your vitamins and the weight will come off but most important a healthy new life.

KATHEE K

cherryblossoms
on 5/8/11 1:55 pm
  Just  popping to say I'm enjoying this thread.   I just want to feel healthy, have energy (all ready has improved) and be a normal BMI again~ size 10/11 would be fantastic.  All of you look great!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 292 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 218 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 286 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 218 views