1 1/2 years out & I almost died.

Yahaira81
on 1/6/13 12:00 pm
RNY on 08/16/12
Tammy, thank you for sharing your story.

I'm so glad that you got the care you needed and are doing better. I wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Yahaira

5'5". SW: 268/CW: 204/GW: 140

Lucky2talk2
on 1/6/13 11:57 pm - Renton, WA
Tammy, good to see you posting this! Terrible to have had to endure this and definitely God has purpose for you to be here! Your story may save another life! Hugs to you and prayers for total quick healing! Hang in there, the fluid will go away in time. Your weight has time to go down! You have been through a miracle for a purpose!

Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Tammy G.
on 1/7/13 12:14 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
Lora, the bowel strangulation was definitely caused by adhesions. I have had 2 prior LAP surgeries--gall bladder & RNY. This emergency surgery was open so he could get all the adhesions so hopefully this won't happen again

I go to wound care tomorrow and it is very possible that the rest of my incision will be opened up and I will be put on a wound vac. I can't imagine a foot long incision wide open, but the wound vac will help it heal faster and I won't have to deal with all the drainage that I am dealing with now.

I try, as hard as I can, to maintain a positive attitude, but some days I just feel so overwhelmed. I know that is normal.
Kelly L.
on 1/7/13 2:26 am - San Jacinto, CA

I am hoping that the New Year brings you reNEWED health! All the best to you.

HW 274. CW 129

kathict
on 1/7/13 5:24 am - West Haven, CT

Tammy,

I am so sorry you had to go through all this. I was just thinking of you the other day and was going to send you a message to see how you are doing after a year and a half. My love and prayers for you honey. Please let me know how you are doing. I pray for the best of health for you.

Kathy

Momma2nicknmike
on 2/22/14 11:52 pm - Beavercreek, OH

Oh my gosh Tammy, what an awful ordeal!  I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this!  How are you doing now, a month later?  Thank you so much for telling your story!

Lynne    

Tammy G.
on 2/23/14 6:31 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
It has actually been a year and a month. I have a blog post I wrote not long ago...and things haven't changed much. I still have a huge wound in my belly..big enough for a fist, and I have to change dressings twice a day and go to wound care twice a month. I also have a hernia where the muscle incision split and sometimes my intestines get caught in between and it is very painful, but I've always been able to relieve the pressure.

I am still hoping for some surgical resolution. My pan us hangs past my knees and this wound will never heal until the stress of it pulling is alleviated.

My mental health could be better. I am not drowning in a pity party, but I'm not jumping for joy either. Some days I feel like throwing in the towel. I've went backwards with regards to physical strength and endurance and that bothers me.

Even with all of these problems, I still continue to have non scale victories of significance to me. Those, along with a very loving family, keep me trying.

My hair finally grew back in...I had huge bald spots! I can take care of hygiene just fine now, after struggling or needing assistance for 17 years! I can sit wherever I want without wondering if I will fit or break the chair.

Besides the wound, the downside is the flaps of hanging skin. I have to really stay on top of it or I get severe rashes. I have a special silver infused antimicrobiobial cloth for bad times. It is called Interdry for intertrigo.

Hope everyone is well!

Would I do the RNY again, after all of this? Yes. It was a positive life changer.
(deactivated member)
on 2/23/14 1:03 am
(deactivated member)
on 2/23/14 2:04 am
RNY on 12/16/13

What an ordeal - thanks for sharing!  Glad you are home and on the mend.  Best wishes to you for a quick and smooth recovery.

Momma2nicknmike
on 2/23/14 6:55 am - Beavercreek, OH

Oh my gosh!  I can certainly understand why your mental health isn't that great with all you've been through!  Please keep us updated!

Lynne    

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 232 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 62 views