Back on dry land and a horrible abusive situation in Nantucket

jessann5
on 3/6/13 12:19 am - Kansas City, KS

Praying for you today Honey! You hold onto that dream and don't give up! I know it was hard, but you did the right thing. I left an abusive husband once, I know how practically impossible it is to get away. I left him with nothing, not even a dollar in my pocket. I went back home to my parents and went to nursing school and turned my life around. You can do it too!

God bless you and keep you

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

Laura in Texas
on 3/6/13 12:21 am

Good for you for getting out and for having a plan. Do not fall into the "victim" mentality. Dust yourself and move on from here. You are a strong woman and can do this!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/6/13 12:37 am
We're here for you. I am sending good thoughts your way. Take care and keep us posted.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Kat1313
on 3/6/13 6:49 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

Mal,

You are so strong to get away from that situation.  It's sometimes very difficult for women who've been abused to escape and it does take a lot of courage.  I agree, the verbal/emotional abuse can sometimes be more painful than the physical, and it for sure does a number on your mind.  As I read your story, I was struck by the pattern of your life that is similar to mine - abusive alcoholic father, abusive first husband, and again abuse in another relationship.  It seems history repeats itself, until we finally figure out that we really are worthy of much much more.  I've finally gotten to the point where I'd rather stay home with a good book and my cats than waste time on someone who doesn't respect me and treat me well.

My thoughts and prayers are headed your way. You sound like you've definitely worked out a plan, and I wish you much success with it.  Please keep us up to date on how you are doing.

Kathy

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?