Need help - waiting for surgery to get scheduled

AllyMomof3
on 7/10/13 12:11 pm - Lamar, MO
RNY on 08/21/13

In your same boat, well i am waiting for insurance and then the date. But still waiting. Its like torture!

Starting Weight: 357 Surgery Weight: 312 Goal Weight 157 Surgery date August 21, 2013 Current Weight 302    

BWB
on 7/11/13 1:58 am

I know the feeling.  My surgeons were scheduling a month out from approval.  Take advantage of this time to follow the no carb diet and exercise like crazy.  You will lose the same amount of weight and be in good condition for surgery.  Really you won't miss a beat.

longway2go
on 7/11/13 2:17 pm
RNY on 07/26/13

I just went through this last week. I did call a few times and I kept hearing that they would call me the next day or two days from now or this day or that and it wasn't happening. The office claimed to not have a supervisor to speak with. I called my PCP and asked if they knew what was going on, my PCP's nurse called over there and then I called and asked to leave a message with the bariatric surgeon himself. They called back the same day with a date. 

For what it's worth, the office was FANTASTIC up until that point, and I was borderline freaking out about it, then posted about it. I learned a lot of other people have this problem, that made me feel better. I'm sure most of these people don't do it on purpose. I guess I can just chalk it up to nurses that are probably stretched pretty thin. You'll get your date, try not to worry too much!

Jessica H.
on 7/12/13 4:22 am - North Royalton, OH
RNY on 08/05/13

Well just to update everyone, I got my surgery date! It's August 5th.  Thanks for listening, I was a bundle of nerves waiting for the date.

Jessica

http://www.thebariatricdiva.com 

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 374 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 490 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 470 views