Night Sweats/Chills (Anyone? Bueller?)

BrandNewMe2014
on 1/9/14 11:14 pm

I haven't had my revision yet but I am 47 and it's been happening to me off and on for a few months. Recently just as you described, so wet that the sheets are miserable to sleep on.  I sleep on my side sometimes and when I do my legs are soaked where they touch.  My head sweats excessively and pretty much the rest of my body.  We were having temps below 0 and this was still happening!  I thought for a while it was due to my poor diet. I've been eating off the rails for a few months and have gained about 30 lbs over the last 6 or 8 months...  But I finally came to the unwilling conclusion that this must be night sweets from peri-menopause (sp) or menopause.  Now that I've come to that realization I am freaking out that I need to get this surgery before my body goes through the full change, I am terrified it won't work well after that fact.  Either way, the night sweats, whatever causes it, SUCKS.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/10/14 1:08 am

I am menopausal and on HRT. But I get that in a middle of the night due to low BS. Protein+ fat + carbs snack before bed - usually prevents that.. Nuts - since they have all of those and they do not make me get "indigestion" works best for me. , 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

pensgurl
on 1/10/14 10:35 am - PA

Thank you for the replies on the low blood sugar - i would have never thought of this.  I have been having night sweats also,on and off.  I sleep in a very cold room with a ceiling fan on and I'm on the pill so my hormones should be regulated somewhat.  Also, I just had blood work done & they said I'm not in perimenopause or menopause.  I never knew this could be caused by low blood sugar.  My non-fasting glucose was 76 when I had the bloodwork done.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 495 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 563 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 552 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 274 views
Recent Topics