Two and a half weeks post op and traveling for work

basilmk
on 1/25/14 12:16 pm, edited 1/25/14 3:11 pm - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

Thanks for all of the great suggestions. My doctor doesn't do pureed so I guess you would call my diet soft.  Canned chicken and tuna are regulars for me as well as my required two protein shakes a day.

I feel great and don't anticipate any problems if I don't be stupid and try to eat something I shouldn't.

about the blood clots....one of my blood tests indicated that I have a hereditary condition which could have caused clots so before and ten days after surgery I had to give myself two shots a day of Lovenox.

thanks again.....good luck to my fellow travelers!

poet_kelly
on 1/25/14 7:52 pm - OH

I would just not try anything adventurous at all.  You don't want to be sick or dump in a restaurant!  Stick to plain foods and things you know you can tolerate and stick to really small amounts.  You're much less likely to have problems if you only eat small amounts.  I don't know what your plan is, if it's supposed to be three meals only or if you're supposed to have snacks, but spreading your food out so you eat small amounts more frequently would probably make you less likely to have problems.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kbinaz
on 1/26/14 11:00 am

It really depends on your post surgery diet.  I couldn't have salad that early.  Almost all restaurants have cottage cheese, turkey burgers, eggs, chicken breasts, and chili.  I was allowed all those things at two weeks.  Keep protein drink powder in your room and drink one before you go to the restaurant. (it's much easier to stay on track when you aren't starving)  It is really hard - I had to travel to Chicago shortly after my surgery and it's basically "Food city USA" - deep dish pizza....AAAUGGHHH!  But you will feel very strong and successful after you do it!  And don't worry about what people will think - I've found they could care less!  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 2 views
Recent Topics