If you have issues dealing with your skin... insights from a plastic surgeon.

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/11/14 2:11 am

Sherrie, our imperfections makes us so unlike any other person.  So special. Whern I was in my 30's and before that I hated parts of me, asd I am getting older - I realized that they make Mme ME... In every possible aspect. I learned to love the imperfect me... 

Now I know I am perfect "Just The Way I Am". 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/11/14 2:08 am

Heidi, please get counseling. You self hate is not good for you.  I love every part of me, croocket toes, my skin, my wrinkles.., they are part of me and make me a very unlike any otyherr person. Special in every way. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/11/14 2:37 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Funny, the only BS I see here is the message that someone doesn't deserve to love their body.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/11/14 6:58 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Is it considered fat shaming when one hates oneself?

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Calla Lily
on 3/10/14 1:50 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

Sherrie, thank you for sharing that. I enjoyed it.

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Laura in Texas
on 3/10/14 8:09 pm

That is a great story. Thanks for sharing. My 9 year old daughter was born with a cleft lip/palate. I love her cute little face and always tell her how beautiful she is. Her surgeries do change her look and it does take getting used to. She is also the one who always tells me how beautiful I am, despite my scars and wobbly legs. And I do love my body as-is. If I win the lottery I may get my legs done, but probably not. I am content. That is a great feeling.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/11/14 7:32 am - OH

I have honestly never noticed that in any of the pics of your daughter!  I guess I am usually just looking at the overall smiling countenance.  Both of your girls are adorable!

i wish I could say that I love my thighs regardless of how they look, but it just don't.  I accept them, though... Because they aren't going to change.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Patm
on 3/10/14 9:17 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thanks for posting. He sounds like a very compassionate man. I am older so skin and wrinkles were coming anyway. When I sometimes think about plastic surgery I decide I would rather spend the money on a new kitchen LOL

danslillady
on 3/10/14 10:55 pm

shiny new appliances, marble counter tops, exotic wood floors..you are speaking my language ;)

HW: 274 SW: 241  CW: 149 --- 5'6 (Surgery date 11/26/2013)

Waysta
on 3/11/14 12:30 am - TX

I am older, too.....dr. Recommended a panni, but by the time I pay co-pays and deductibles, I can take a VERY nice vacation.....I am opting out of plastics....I will just cover the flappy skin up and accept how I look now......couldn't be any worse than before surgery.

Slow and steady !!!!  Have a Blessed Day !!!!!!                             
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 197 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 8 views
Recent Topics